Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Credit Card List

tag
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity Credit Card List

After reading this thread, I decided to try the shopping cart trick at Express... *drum rolls* Lo and behold - I got approved for $500!

My first EVER store card!

You guys rock!

Message 11 of 71
LaGala
New Visitor

This bank is full of boo boo!!!!!! Give me some cards and took them right back due I didn't answer some question that don't concern me !!!!! Never will use or tell nobody about them!!!! All that hits on my credit for nothing!!!!!!!!
Message 12 of 71
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Took them back? Are you sure they didn't say you were on security freeze until you mail in ID? That happened to me. I took out quite a few within a short time period and they ended up freezing them all until I called and asked what was going on, they asked me security questions and I got a few wrong, so I had to mail in my photo ID, SS card and a utility bill. They are all fine now and the freeze was released....you might want to call and ask if they are just saying you are on a freeze until you mail in ID. I hated it too, but it's really good for US too that they are watching for identity fraud.

Also if you used the shopping cart trick, they are not affecting your inquiries on your reports. they are soft pulls.

Message 13 of 71
starry1
Valued Contributor

Which bureau does Comenity pull?

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 14 of 71
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

experian. try shopping cart trick instead of full application.

Message 15 of 71
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

Which bureau does Comenity pull?

I live in Indiana and they pulled EQ on me was also hard pull

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 16 of 71
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

their visas & mastercards pull EQ too if it's a hard pull. soft pulls on the shopping cart trick is Experian.

Message 17 of 71
vagrants
Regular Contributor

Mypoints Rewards VISA is soft pull.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 18 of 71
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I have five Comenity cards. All of them except Victoria's Secret soft pulled EQ. (VS soft pulled EX)

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 19 of 71
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

Just an FYI, they no longer back Value City...that is now a GE backed card and Fashion Bug went out of business.

Message 20 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.