cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Luv button -- what's the latest?

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity Luv button -- what's the latest?

I haven't noticed any change.  With all my Visa/MC, I got my first CLI at 6 months, then every 4 months, on the dot.  For most, I get $2-3k increase each 4 months, although there are a few that only get like $2-400 (Red Roof, which is dead now and Williams Sonoma).  My last CLI from Comenity was a few months ago, but my Sportsman's Guide is eligilble this week, so I'll report back but I expect to get about $2-3k (it's at $12k currently).  We'll see.

With store cards I was always able to get 10-20 increases for $200-300 each via the Robolady, however I have closed all of my store cards except one.  I still have the Barney's card but haven't asked for a CLI in about a year because $36,500 seems quite enough and I don't want to raise any red flags (actually it's probably high enough to do that already).  If I recall, I got about 4 increases at $3k each with that card last time I tried.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if the Victoria Secret CLI is still a soft pull? I want to hit that luv button, but I don't want to risk a HP.

It is a SP. I believe they will get your permission before doing a HP.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if the Victoria Secret CLI is still a soft pull? I want to hit that luv button, but I don't want to risk a HP.

YMMV.

There is never a guarantee that when you hit the luv button, it won't result in a HP.  You'll have to decide if it is worth the risk to try to get an increase.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just since the beginning of May (or late April, because I had no issues with my 30-day requests last month), Comenity has gotten STINGEY with their CLIs.  Now they're not even offering the option to request, but give you a "You don't qualify" screen.  I guess they're tired of all that postage they were spending. Smiley Wink

But it's been well over 30 days on most of my accounts (everything except Williams-Sonoma, which has been giving me the biggest increases, and is due on Thursday), and none of them are budging.  Looks like Comedy Bank has changed their way of doing business. Smiley Sad

On my Pottery Barn account,

It never allows me to enter income information.  I get the screen that you see.  On that account, I call in and am able to get a couple of increases.  Overstock hasn't given an increase in over 6 months.  It may be that I've reached my internal limit on that card.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.