Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Mastercards or Visa Cards.... never been offered an upgrade

tag
cinnamongirl
Contributor

Comenity Mastercards or Visa Cards.... never been offered an upgrade

Is Comenity particularly tough to get upgrades with?? I've had 3 upgrade offers for Synchrony cards but none for Comenity... can't figure out what the trick is...

5 REPLIES 5
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity Mastercards or Visa Cards.... never been offered an upgrade

I don't believe Comenity cards upgrade---you have to get flat out approvals for store cards or the Visa/MC versions.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 6
someg33k
Established Contributor

The only card they have that I have heard of any upgrade offers from store to VISA/MC is Ann Taylor I think.

Read some posts about while in store making a purchase they will offer an upgrade.

So don't hold your breath waiting for an upgrade offer Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
cinnamongirl
Contributor

Oh dang. What if I have a store card already?? I tried to submit a new app but they said I already had a card!
Message 4 of 6
cinnamongirl
Contributor

i finally closed my Ann Taylor card after waiting for years for an upgrade Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a little older thread but had some input...

Spoke to the Williams Sonoma rep after sending in a "complaint" online about not seeing an option to upgrade. She told me that they normally do not offer it and that my account was too new (my 1st statement cut the day I called) but if I wait a couple of months after making some purchases and payments I could probably get one. It's anecdotal, I know, but it's what we have.

Of note: since even CLIs are often hard pulls when done over the phone (vs SPs with the luv button), I would assume that any upgrade request on the phone will be a hard pull. I intend to wait until my 3rd or 4th statement and attempt to get the upgrade through their online communication (email, not chat).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.