Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity/Overstock did HP when I hit LUV button

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity/Overstock did HP when I hit LUV button

@designated_knitter wrote:

Yeah, for me the moral of the story is only to hit the LUV button for Cap1 which explicitly states that they will only SP you... except for Kohls which is apparently a different type of Cap1 beast (the exception that proves the rule!)

It was just I was so excited because I got 2 comenity CLIs in a little over a month ago and read about how someone was now getting monthly CLIs from Comenity... was hoping I would join the "CLI of the month club" too...

I guess a major reason I started the thread was to provide unequivocal evidence that Comenity can and will do HPs for CLI requests.  In other words, perhaps the purpose of my life IS to serve as a warning to others!

Oh well, back to nurturing my pathetic little seedling.

Cheers!

Sorry to hear OP.  Unfortunately, it appears some of these reported instances have been sporadic and more so recently.  Thanks for posting your experience so that others can be aware of the outcome. 

Another option that may have worked (although not 100% guaranteed in avoiding the HP) could have been if you had gone through the VRU or automated system.  I'm assuming that as long as it did not transfer you to a CSR to process the CLI request then it's possible the CLI may have worked (again, just assuming).

Message 11 of 15
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Sorry to hear OP.  Unfortunately, it appears some of these reported instances have been sporadic and more so recently.  Thanks for posting your experience so that others can be aware of the outcome. 

Another option that may have worked (although not 100% guaranteed in avoiding the HP) could have been if you had gone through the VRU or automated system.  I'm assuming that as long as it did not transfer you to a CSR to process the CLI request then it's possible the CLI may have worked (again, just assuming).

Thanks... but after my most recent experience, you'll forgive me if I let someone else run that experiment and take the bullet for the team ;-)  I know I have a REALLY flat learning curve but after enough times of putting my hand on a hot burner, eventually, even I start learn that maybe its best just to stay away from the stove (which may explain why I suck as a cook, too!)

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 12 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I haven't gotten one in 3 months now on Jcrew with spend on it each month as well..  It could be cause they can't get to my reports (freezes);  although the froozen reports could be stopping SP's as it does with come creditors for whatever reason..  I can live with that as I think 8750 on that card is quite enough although wanted a nice round 10k..  Only store card I have and hope to keep it that waySmiley Happy.   Unless you count Care Credit, but I dont

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the "box" I keep seeing mentioned in these Comenity threads?

Message 14 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What's the "box" I keep seeing mentioned in these Comenity threads?

Do a search for one of ddemari's recent threads.  She provided an example on one of her Comenity accounts.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.