Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Recon?

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Comenity Recon?

I searched and searched and it seems that most do not have luck with recons through Comenity.

I got the Overstock store card through the SCT back in the beginning of May.

I was approved for $350.

I wasn't happy with that amount so I waited until I got my card so I could set up my account and do a CLI.

Well I did the CLI but was denied and got an HP.

The reason in the letter was, 'Because your credit history with other credit grantors could not be obtained we are unwilling to increase the credit limit on your account at this time.'

No clue what that means as my EX report isn't frozen nor does it have any kind of fraud hold on it. I check it daily through CCT.

My EX score jumped from 637 to 679 recently and since I'm sitting on a HP over a card that I only got for a SP, I'm wondering if I should try calling them and see if they can actually pull up my account and make a decision based on my account.

Worth a shot or a waste of time?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Recon?

I would say that it's worth a shot since they already did the HP on you. You might as well get something out of it if you can recon and they up the limit.

If all else fails, I think that with most Comenity cards you have to wait 6 months for them to give you any sort of CLI now.
Message 2 of 3
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity Recon?

Anyone happen to have a # for them?

There isn't one on my denial letter.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.