Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity and HP's unexpectedly

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Comenity and HP's unexpectedly

I'm running errands and driving earlier when to my surprise I see an e-mail for alert of HP's on Credit Sesame... I log in and see:

Comenity - Restoration Hardware

Comenity - Crate & Barrel

While I did request a CLI through automated phone system about 2 weeks ago (it never asked me about pulling credit which I do get on some of my accounts so I know what it sounds like, and it was instantly declined anyway, so to see a HP from today makes no sense... I call and of course, the representatives and the crazy computer system of Comenity she sees nothing since 2-2015 and NO HP's have been taken on my account.

Well I assure you I have HP's!

She says, I will have to mail in a request to them that says what happened and what is wrong and they will research and submit to the credit reports the correction.

I'm like why can't you just send in the request to remove the inquiries like most banks.

she says they have to have a written request from me first.

What a waste of time!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
VegasMom
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity and HP's unexpectedly

I had a similar thing happen to me with HSN. I got a HP several weeks after requesting a CLI. I never called in about it. Maybe I should have.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'm running errands and driving earlier when to my surprise I see an e-mail for alert of HP's on Credit Sesame... I log in and see:

Comenity - Restoration Hardware

Comenity - Crate & Barrel

While I did request a CLI through automated phone system about 2 weeks ago (it never asked me about pulling credit which I do get on some of my accounts so I know what it sounds like, and it was instantly declined anyway, so to see a HP from today makes no sense... I call and of course, the representatives and the crazy computer system of Comenity she sees nothing since 2-2015 and NO HP's have been taken on my account.

Well I assure you I have HP's!

She says, I will have to mail in a request to them that says what happened and what is wrong and they will research and submit to the credit reports the correction.

I'm like why can't you just send in the request to remove the inquiries like most banks.

she says they have to have a written request from me first.

What a waste of time!

A few weeks ago both cap one credit tracker and credit sesame said I had 14 new accounts. They were accounts that were mostly over a year old. Credit karma and the monitoring and reports here stayed normal. Isn't credit sesame TU monitoring and wouldn't comenity HP's be on another report?

Message 3 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I paid and tried for one month credit Sesame all three monitoring service and I guess it hasn't expired quite yet even though I already canceled
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang, sorry that happened!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh. Yeah that is a drag. Sorry to hear it man.  I've been hitting my Overstock weekly. I should probably quit doing that.

Message 6 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

Do you have the checkboxes on your account near the CLI button. When I had them, I did automated phone and got hard pulls.
Message 7 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I do on some but not all.
But usually even the automated system will ask me if I want to continue because a hp will be need it
Message 8 of 17
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry this happened to you CA. Hopefully they will remove them for you.

But I'm curious   to know....... Why are these 2 HP's  any different from the other 60 you already have ? Where you saving them 

for apps this week ? 

Message 9 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

LOL
Hp's are for when I apply not when a bank does something stupid!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.