Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards CLs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity cards CLs

@MontegoMack wrote:

You mean, you actually ask for an increase every week!??! And...actually get it?? I'm way late on this!

Smiley Surprised

I'm even surprised that I could ask every month! At best I ask every quarter. Perhaps I'm not as educated on Comenity cards as much as I should be.

I don't know if this is an issue, but I'll bring it up.  When you request an increase with JCrew, do you log out of the account then log back in and request another increase?  I'm not sure when they changed things (know it was sometime last year), but you can no longer request an increase in the same session.  I stopped requesting increases a while ago because  >20K on a card just seemed redundant for me.  Just curious if this is an issue as a lot of people who have had the card more than a year are able to get multiple increases, but unfortunately have to log in and out to accomplish this.

Have a great week. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd advise to be careful about asking for Comenity increases too often. It is one of the triggers mentioned in their recent account audits. No need to poke the bear too much. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd advise to be careful about asking for Comenity increases too often. It is one of the triggers mentioned in their recent account audits. No need to poke the bear too much. Smiley Happy

+1

Nothing is changed on that as well as they still are refusing to report until you post a balance on their cards.

Frankly that little quirp itself is still solidly in place. It took a few months to get them to clear a small 62 dollar balance that was PIF which seemed like was never going to update. Grrrr.

I stop using those cards for now while i adjust other balances reporting and am considering some major switch ups to steer away from that type of dragging the feet on good paying customers.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah they defineitely wont report if your balance is zero and there is no activity.  I just used JCrew for a tshirt and paid it off to get an update.  I have gotten my available credit for JCrew to $17,100 ($200 at a time) which really helps my utilization ratio.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MontegoMack wrote:

I've had both the J. Crew and Victoria Secret cards for a few years now and Comenity has been incrementally generous with the luv button. Unfortunately, I'm stil only at $1800 and $1850 even though my salary has significantly increased over the years (to $120k).

Is there a way to get better than a $200 increase with each push of the luv botton?

Call the Robolady and when she asks for a specific limit tell her what you want.  I was able to increase my Pottery Barn from 2500 to 5000 dollars in the first month doing that.  I am not sure how much you want to spend at J Crew at one time.  My J Crew is at 1750 after 6 months. It seems enough to me as I usually buy once a month at 30 or 40 percent off and my totals are under 200 dollars a shot. I just wait 31 days and hit the Robo Lady.    

J Crew has 5 percent back as gift cards so if you shop there often that is valuable no matter how much you earn.  

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yep, take a hp and ask for specific amountSmiley Wink

JK, or am i Smiley Wink

If the button is only spitting out 200 a pop thats what your eligble for..

If im making 120k im looking for cards that would support that kind of money, Comenity for me is not, but thats just my humble opinionSmiley Wink

I make much more than 120k and 1750 more than covers me at J Crew.  We aren't talking Neiman Marcus or Tiffanys. 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MontegoMack wrote:

You mean, you actually ask for an increase every week!??! And...actually get it?? I'm way late on this!

Smiley Surprised

I'm even surprised that I could ask every month! At best I ask every quarter. Perhaps I'm not as educated on Comenity cards as much as I should be.

I think the norm is every 31 days.  It might be different once you have had the card a certain amount of time they are willing to give multiple increases a month.  And it might be that you could do that one after another from what others have posted on here.  

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.