Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards CLs

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Comenity cards CLs

I've had both the J. Crew and Victoria Secret cards for a few years now and Comenity has been incrementally generous with the luv button. Unfortunately, I'm stil only at $1800 and $1850 even though my salary has significantly increased over the years (to $120k).

Is there a way to get better than a $200 increase with each push of the luv botton?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Comenity cards CLs

Yep, take a hp and ask for specific amountSmiley Wink

JK, or am i Smiley Wink

If the button is only spitting out 200 a pop thats what your eligble for..

If im making 120k im looking for cards that would support that kind of money, Comenity for me is not, but thats just my humble opinionSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 17
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

These cards are sentimental, at best. While I do use them, I don't use them as often as I need to maximize the perks. I do, however, have just enough education to know how to get CLIs on an SP. If I can't maximize the perks, I might as well maximize the benefits!

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yep, take a hp and ask for specific amountSmiley Wink

JK, or am i Smiley Wink

If the button is only spitting out 200 a pop thats what your eligble for..

If im making 120k im looking for cards that would support that kind of money, Comenity for me is not, but thats just my humble opinionSmiley Wink

I do agree with you on this. You can get better credit cards with much better perks and rewards. Membership Rewards by AMEX and Ultimate Rewards by Chase will give you a lot more flexibility to maximize return. Keep them open for a while if you need them for AAoA. Although they're suppose to stay in your report for 10 yrs if you decide to close them, I hear some creditors can and have remove them from people's files. But, this is just my own personal opinion.

Message 4 of 17
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Both AMEX platinum and BCP are in my portfolio and they fit my needs as does my NFCU Platinum, Chase Freedom and others that I could needlessly mention. 

I asked a question about a couple Comenity cards I have and I also mentioned that they are more sentimental (being the first store cards I ever got even when my credit was crappy). I know that there are better cards than the cards I mentioned. I was merely asking about the Comenity cards, not asking for further advice on what other cards are better.

Thank you anyway.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MontegoMack wrote:

These cards are sentimental, at best. While I do use them, I don't use them as often as I need to maximize the perks. I do, however, have just enough education to know how to get CLIs on an SP. If I can't maximize the perks, I might as well maximize the benefits!

Right. I don't think we responded appropriately to your question. My apologies for taking your question in a different context. Perhaps this? "I don't use them as often as I need to maximize the perks." Maybe if you max them out and pay off before it reports, they'll give you more next time you ask. I'm sure they're educated enough as well to realize you want more. 

Message 6 of 17
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

If your advice is to charge it up more and pay off in full, I can do that. The cards only get used a few times a year to the tune of only a couple hundred dollars each time and PIF before reporting. Maybe that'll make a difference. 

Thanks.

Message 7 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Usage normally will get you better cli on any card, lol, what creditor would prefer their card to be in a sd or used for utilization purpose.

I too apologize if i didnt fully answer your question but a hp is a viable method to get bigger limits. The Jcrew card is a unique one in that weve seen people hardly use it but smash the button a billion times in a row and it grows crazily high while others cant seem to get it . It really is YMMV as i guess certain criteria are probably met for Comenity by certain profiles.

I understand sentiment and its as good a reason to keep a card if it means something to you. Best on getting your increasesSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 17
marley1945
Valued Member

I have J CREW CC at $26500.00. When I had in the teens it stopped given, so I was only able to be a CLI once a month.

Now I do it weekly,  my card is 3 yrs old clean reports.  Comenity doesn't report so you have to buy socks or something small.

You will get there Patience is key 

Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

You mean, you actually ask for an increase every week!??! And...actually get it?? I'm way late on this!

Smiley Surprised

I'm even surprised that I could ask every month! At best I ask every quarter. Perhaps I'm not as educated on Comenity cards as much as I should be.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.