Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

@TryItAgain wrote:

I got an email a few days ago...Screenshot_20220903-211230_Gmail.jpg

I'm like **bleep**, I use it every 6 mos to keep buffer alive, 27k limit. So I quickly logged in and still said open. 

I then purchased $6 socks to test it, went through fine. Called them they said they sent a lot of emails and cards out and most accounts were closed, but nm I see yours is still open.

2 days later, I get this...

Screenshot_20220903-211607_Gmail.jpg

What in the world is going on at this bank?

Closing new home build in few months, don't want any credit changes right now.

My god what a dumpster fire. Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 218
Mischa
Contributor

Comenity not reporting?

I have 3 Comenity cards and none have reported to credit bureaus since June. 2 have a $0 balance so I'm not really worried about those. However, my Overstock card does have a balance on a 12 month 0% APR. I've made 3 monthly payments since it last reported and none have been reported. 

I know they had a ton of issues with the transition to Bread in June/July. Thankfully I never had any issues with my payments processing like others did. Everything on their websites is up to date and accurate for my accounts. 

Is anyone else having this issue with Comenity? 

Message 12 of 218
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity not reporting?

I've got 2 of their cards. Never had an issue. I feel their websites and making payments very easy...  better than pretty much everyone else.  DEFINITELY can't have everything all in one place 🤣

Message 13 of 218
SDMarik
Established Contributor

@Mischa wrote:

I have 3 Comenity cards and none have reported to credit bureaus since June. 2 have a $0 balance so I'm not really worried about those. However, my Overstock card does have a balance on a 12 month 0% APR. I've made 3 monthly payments since it last reported and none have been reported. 

I know they had a ton of issues with the transition to Bread in June/July. Thankfully I never had any issues with my payments processing like others did. Everything on their websites is up to date and accurate for my accounts. 

Yes,  I am having this issue. I have a Comenity card that has not reported since June, It has $80 on it and is my last card to complete ACZEO so it's super frustrating that it isnt updating :/

I also never got an August Statement, and my cut date for Aug was almost a month ago.

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 14 of 218
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@Mischa wrote:

My cards have not reported since June.  I let one report 14$ in august to test the waters thinking it was because my cards had 0 balances.  Zip.  No reporting 

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 15 of 218
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@su11ivan18BB&B are closing 150 stores. On the news yesterday. Just saying.

Something bad is going on.  Their CFO jumped from the Tribeca skyscraper there in NY on Friday. Very sad.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 16 of 218
su11ivan18
Valued Member

@2b2rich wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Something bad is going on.  Their CFO jumped from the Tribeca skyscraper there in NY on Friday. Very sad.

Just read it…wow. Saw he just sold over 55k in shares (1.4M) and still had over 255k left. Crazy situation.

current 

Message 17 of 218
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@su11ivan18 wrote:

@2b2rich wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Just read it…wow. Saw he just sold over 55k in shares (1.4M) and still had over 255k left. Crazy situation.

When I first read that they were closing so many stores, I figured it was because they wanted to maybe begin phasing most of their sales to online shopping the way many others are doing. Idk is hat happen but I've always liked their stores.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 18 of 218
Redforman1
Established Member

I'm in the same boat waiting on two comenity cards to report a zero balance for AZEO. 
They both last updated 6/19. One had 78% utilization (we made a large purchase and missed the cutoff), the other is reporting at 29%.

This issue has been reported in a few threads here, so my assumption is nobody has received updates since June.

I've tried calling, sending secure messages, disputing with EX, calling again, sending more secure messages, and overnighting them a copy of the zero balance letters they finally mailed me a month after requesting. 

We paid off somewhere in the neighborhood of $40k in debt in preparation of house shopping, so my frustration with not knowing what my actual mortgage score will be is driving me crazy. I'm currently a few points off of 760 middle and I feel like that 78% utilization is the killer.

I'm not asking my lender for a rapid because we are still early in the shopping process. 

Message 19 of 218
su11ivan18
Valued Member

@Redforman1 wrote:

I'm in the same boat waiting on two comenity cards to report a zero balance for AZEO. 
They both last updated 6/19. One had 78% utilization (we made a large purchase and missed the cutoff), the other is reporting at 29%.

This issue has been reported in a few threads here, so my assumption is nobody has received updates since June.

I've tried calling, sending secure messages, disputing with EX, calling again, sending more secure messages, and overnighting them a copy of the zero balance letters they finally mailed me a month after requesting. 

We paid off somewhere in the neighborhood of $40k in debt in preparation of house shopping, so my frustration with not knowing what my actual mortgage score will be is driving me crazy. I'm currently a few points off of 760 middle and I feel like that 78% utilization is the killer.

I'm not asking my lender for a rapid because we are still early in the shopping process. 

Yea, so frustrating! Almost the exact same situation with the exception of the house purchase - fortunately we purchased last year. Seems like a ton of people filing disputes (myself included) and it's seemingly doing nothing. Annoying.

current 

Message 20 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.