Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

tag
Greenivy
New Contributor

Re: Comenity not reporting?

This is a nightmare for me as well.  And those saying don't worry about it are wrong.  If you were carrying a balance before that debacle and have sine paid it off, its basically holding your credit score hostage.   I currently have a 0 balance and have since June, but the last reporting had me at 97%utilization.   If I can get this blalnce to report, my credit score will shoot up.  They refuse to do anything.  I have called many times and they always claim that they are reporting the balance each month, which I know is untrue.  I guess my only recourse its to file a dispute with the credit bureaus, which I was hesitant about doing, because I don't want to make the situation worse if their system is still messed up and sends the credit bureaus wrong information.   This is just crazy how they refuse to take accountability for any of this.  It does not take 3 months to fix any technical issues.

Message 21 of 218
Redforman1
Established Member

@Greenivy wrote:

This is a nightmare for me as well.  And those saying don't worry about it are wrong.  If you were carrying a balance before that debacle and have sine paid it off, its basically holding your credit score hostage.   I currently have a 0 balance and have since June, but the last reporting had me at 97%utilization.   If I can get this blalnce to report, my credit score will shoot up.  They refuse to do anything.  I have called many times and they always claim that they are reporting the balance each month, which I know is untrue.  I guess my only recourse its to file a dispute with the credit bureaus, which I was hesitant about doing, because I don't want to make the situation worse if their system is still messed up and sends the credit bureaus wrong information.   This is just crazy how they refuse to take accountability for any of this.  It does not take 3 months to fix any technical issues.

I used the exact words "hostage situation" in one of my conversations with them. Unfortunately the disputes aren't helping either. I submitted mine two weeks ago with zero balance letters, and screen shots of the account homepages showing no new activity.

Message 22 of 218
Greenivy
New Contributor

@Redforman1 wrote:

@Greenivy wrote:

I used the exact words "hostage situation" in one of my conversations with them. Unfortunately the disputes aren't helping either. I submitted mine two weeks ago with zero balance letters, and screen shots of the account homepages showing no new activity.

I will probably gain close to 10 points once its reported due the large amount.....but unfortunately I've been unable to beneit from it due to them playing games.

Message 23 of 218
Redforman1
Established Member

I decided to call in again and finally managed to catch a supervisor. 
They admitted reporting wasn't being done because of the update that started in late June, then she claimed they have already sent some batch files for updates, and the rest should be submitted within the next 7-10 business days.

I feel like they were probably just kicking the can down the road for a few more weeks, but we'll see.

Message 24 of 218
Redforman1
Established Member

@Greenivy wrote:

@Redforman1 wrote:

@Greenivy wrote:

I will probably gain close to 10 points once its reported due the large amount.....but unfortunately I've been unable to beneit from it due to them playing games.

I'm a few short of the 760 middle for mortgage. I want these two to update so I have accurate info to work off of. 
Fortunately we are shopping for something very specific and there isn't much on the market, so waiting them out is only causing a severe personal irritation, and I could have a rapid rescore if something popped up. 

Message 25 of 218
Greenivy
New Contributor

I'm sorry you're gping through this especially when trying to buy a house.

@Redforman1 wrote:

@Greenivy wrote:

@Redforman1 wrote:

@Greenivy wrote:

I'm a few short of the 760 middle for mortgage,  so I want these two to update so I have accurate info to work off of. 
Fortunately we are shopping for something very specific and there isn't much on the market, so waiting them out is only causing a severe personal irritation, and I could have a rapid rescore if something popped up. 

Message 26 of 218
Greenivy
New Contributor

They keep lying to me.  I had three people give me 3 different dates when they supposedly had sent updates to the bureaus...of course

@Redforman1 wrote:

I decided to call in again and finally managed to catch a supervisor. 
They admitted reporting wasn't being done because of the update that started in late June, then she claimed they have already sent some batch files for updates, and the rest should be submitted within the next 7-10 business days.

I feel like they were probably just kicking the can down the road for a few more weeks, but we'll see.

they haven't sent anything since June......

Message 27 of 218
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

Comenity Credit Cards and Reporting

ALL

I just got off the phone with Comenity regarding CB reporting.  I have two cards, below, and the AnnTaylor MC has not reported since June, 2022.   The CSR said they are 'still working on the system.'   FYI, but I am not sure when they are going to fix it.

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 28 of 218
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Credit Cards and Reporting

@Suzette2 wrote:

ALL

I just got off the phone with Comenity regarding CB reporting.  I have two cards, below, and the AnnTaylor MC has not reported since June, 2022.   The CSR said they are 'still working on the system.'   FYI, but I am not sure when they are going to fix it.

This is unacceptable. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 29 of 218
su11ivan18
Valued Member

Re: Comenity Credit Cards and Reporting

@Suzette2 wrote:

ALL

Sad, frustrating and scary all in one. Thanks for updating @Suzette2 !

current 

Message 30 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.