Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

tag
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity not reporting?

@Mischa wrote:

I have 3 Comenity cards and none have reported to credit bureaus since June. 2 have a $0 balance so I'm not really worried about those. However, my Overstock card does have a balance on a 12 month 0% APR. I've made 3 monthly payments since it last reported and none have been reported. 

I know they had a ton of issues with the transition to Bread in June/July. Thankfully I never had any issues with my payments processing like others did. Everything on their websites is up to date and accurate for my accounts. 

Is anyone else having this issue with Comenity? 

My new 1.5% cash back mastercard also is not reporting.  It was opened in May 2022. At that time Comenity reported immediately,  even before the card came. However since June they continue to report the June statement balance. It has been zero since then. I wrote them and email says update reporting every 30 to 60 days. It's been 90 days with no report update.  I'll write again in October.  The card is in the  sock drawer .

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 41 of 218
Greenivy
New Contributor

How are you getting Comenity to report your card balance

I really need serious answers on this. The company refuses to do anything about this.  They outright lie and say they've been updating in July, and August, when THEY know the last update was in June.   Is my only recourse to open a dispute with the Credit Bureaus?  I really hate doing that over something that could be easily mitigate if they would just report.

Thoughts?  For those with comenity cards what have you/plan to do?

Message 42 of 218
chuckwood
Regular Contributor

Re: How are you getting Comenity to report your card balance

Have you used the card since then, have you had a statement balance or has it been 0 the last few months. Sometimes they take there sweet time to report if 0 balance. If so try less than $10 report. Sometimes that tends to help. 

Message 43 of 218
Greenivy
New Contributor

My balance was about 2500 when they last reported June 10.  I have since paid it to a zero balance back in June13th.  So that shouldve been reported in July, August and September.   They keep trying to use their system issues as the reason for not reporting people's balances.  This has been an ongoing issue with them for months.  They refuse to do anything about it.

Message 44 of 218
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Comenity been having issues since June with multiple areas! They have not given correct rewards to BJs accounts from June.

In your case I would say try to have $5 balance report and see if it updates! See if you can work around it if they are not fixing it for now.

Message 45 of 218
SDMarik
Established Contributor

@Greenivy wrote:

I really need serious answers on this. The company refuses to do anything about this.  They outright lie and say they've been updating in July, and August, when THEY know the last update was in June.   Is my only recourse to open a dispute with the Credit Bureaus?  I really hate doing that over something that could be easily mitigate if they would just report.

It sucks, I am in the same boat. It was one of the last ones needed to report for AZEO and it's just sitting there with a small balance. I tried to put $5 on it and let it cycle and report, didn't work either.

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 46 of 218
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

I was on the phone with them for a long time about my issue and the supervisor said they are going to fix most of their problems by the end of September!

But on top of everything else going on, Comenity has or planning to acquire other accounts form different banks! I think they bite off much more than they can chew!

Message 47 of 218
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@SDMarik wrote:

@Greenivy wrote:

It sucks, I am in the same boat. It was one of the last ones needed to report for AZEO and it's just sitting there with a small balance. I tried to put $5 on it and let it cycle and report, didn't work either.

Same here.  I had a balance for AZEO in June.  That was when it last reported. June, July, August and September were ZERO.

I tried, in September's billing, to add a $12 balance to see if that would jog things.  I have called several times and got malarkey excuses in return.   I finally opened a dispute with the CB's......

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 48 of 218
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

I was on the phone with them for a long time about my issue and the supervisor said they are going to fix most of their problems by the end of September!

But on top of everything else going on, Comenity has or planning to acquire other accounts form different banks! I think they bite off much more than they can chew!

I was told in August they were fixing it all by 'the end of the month.'  SMH

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 49 of 218
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

@Greenivy wrote:

Calling them outright liers is a bit to much hyperbole in my opinon.  You realise a CC company can submit anything they want to the agencies but the agencies decide to honor it or not. 

In this case it's Comenity so I'd be happy to belive they are submitting updates that they know will not be accepted or will be delaied for some backend reason that they have with the reporting agencies.  But getting angry about a few months worth of low level credit reporting isn't worth an ulcer. 

Message 50 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.