cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

tag
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?

@jrubedjmp311 wrote:

I just spoke with a supervisor at Comenity.

The system is still an issue. However, if a customer needs them to manually send the updates to the bureaus, there is a form they fill out to manually push this. Takes 5 days to update

I tried that and it accomplished nothing, as soon as it hit 90+ days and it was past FCRA guidelines i just filed a dispute.

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 71 of 218
kcos194
Regular Contributor

@SDMarik wrote:

@jrubedjmp311 wrote:

I just spoke with a supervisor at Comenity.

The system is still an issue. However, if a customer needs them to manually send the updates to the bureaus, there is a form they fill out to manually push this. Takes 5 days to update

I tried that and it accomplished nothing, as soon as it hit 90+ days and it was past FCRA guidelines i just filed a dispute.

Did you have any success after the dispute? Just started one for DW on her VS card, curious if I should expect it to work, or if I'm headed to the CFPB. 

Message 72 of 218
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I'd stay away from any of the Comenity cards.  It is a co-brand card powerhouse.  But its root is the card data processing.  It now tries to brand itself as part of the fin-tech movement with its Bread cards.  Same company, same poor service.

I won't touch its Bread cards.

Message 73 of 218
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I would caution you all against disputing. If their system is still not functioning as intended, you might end up with late payments you don't have. 

In a nutshell, internal records aren't up to standard when it comes to reporting so you might end up with a negative then having to deal with a negative. 

During this period when they experienced all this poop emoji stuff, some people didn't pay on time, so internal audit needs to be able to distinguish between what's a glitch, what's truly a non-payment. 

There won't be mass clemency when it comes to lates incurred during this period, and before anyone says "How is that fair"...it's not, but that's how it works. 

Or, dispute and see how it goes for you. It might even work 

Message 74 of 218
Blender
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I would caution you all against disputing. If their system is still not functioning as intended, you might end up with late payments you don't have. 

In a nutshell, internal records aren't up to standard when it comes to reporting so you might end up with a negative then having to deal with a negative. 

During this period when they experienced all this poop emoji stuff, some people didn't pay on time, so internal audit needs to be able to distinguish between what's a glitch, what's truly a non-payment. 

There won't be mass clemency when it comes to lates incurred during this period, and before anyone says "How is that fair"...it's not, but that's how it works. 

Any idea if there is a grace period for comenity reporting a late? due date 10/10 and its scheduled for 10/12 now. 

3/2024
FICO 8

Message 75 of 218
Greenivy
New Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Well what is the remedy?  Let them keep not reporting?  I literally have a 0 balance and have had a 0 balance since mid June....... but they last reported a few days before I paid my account off......each month it "looks" like I still owe 3000$.......my credit score has literally been held hostage from this creditor for months.......I'm guaranteed to gain at least 15 points once this reports, but unfortunately looks like it they could take until 2023 to fix their issues.

Message 76 of 218
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Blender wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Any idea if there is a grace period for comenity reporting a late? due date 10/10 and its scheduled for 10/12 now. 

30 days. You will have a fee to pay but no late 

Message 77 of 218
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

In yesterdays mail i received a preapproval letter for the bread amex, they just gave me that card a few months ago, has to be a comenity glitch.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 78 of 218
750andup2
Established Member

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

Hi all , my available credit is 800 less than it should be on my Bread card. Basically counting everything up, they are 800 dollars short. They spent one hour with me, counting every transaction up to recheck the numbers, and finally said it's the first time they have seen this. Escalated the issue, and told me to call in 3-5 days. Has this happened to anyone?

Message 79 of 218
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

@750andup2 wrote:

Hi all , my available credit is 800 less than it should be on my Bread card. Basically counting everything up, they are 800 dollars short. They spent one hour with me, counting every transaction up to recheck the numbers, and finally said it's the first time they have seen this. Escalated the issue, and told me to call in 3-5 days. Has this happened to anyone?

Are you saying we have to carefully check the statements too now! 🤦‍♂️

Message 80 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.