Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

tag
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@750andup2 wrote:

Hi all , my available credit is 800 less than it should be on my Bread card. Basically counting everything up, they are 800 dollars short. They spent one hour with me, counting every transaction up to recheck the numbers, and finally said it's the first time they have seen this. Escalated the issue, and told me to call in 3-5 days. Has this happened to anyone?

Are you saying we have to carefully check the statements too now! 🤦‍♂️

COMENITY, since the website revamp they are total clowns.

COMENITY/BREADCOMENITY/BREAD

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 81 of 218
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

In yesterdays mail i received a preapproval letter for the bread amex, they just gave me that card a few months ago, has to be a comenity glitch.

Marketing solicitations are typically outsourced to a third party @SUPERSQUID, which in most cases do not cross-check existing relationship and there's always a lag in the data being updated. Comenity isn't alone in those duplicate mailers or marketing offers. 

Message 82 of 218
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

I have the 1.5% cash back mastercard since May. I wanted the SUB. I PIF after my 1st statement.  It has been $0 since June statement.  $452 balance continues to report since June 10.I have emailed twice and they say they report regularly.  Credit Karma emailed me and noted this is possibly incorrect reporting since there has been no activity reported but balance remains the same.  Yes CK this is incorrect. 😃  CK offered me to dispute to update the reporting. I did so, the link took me to Trans Union. Easy quick online form. I did that 5 days ago. Not sure how long it takes. 30 days ???  This is terrible that this problem has gone on this long. So many, many people have their store cards too. 😳 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 83 of 218
ajnavarro1125
Valued Member

I filed a dispute through Equifax for each of my three Comenity accounts. I paid off ~$15K total ($8,800 BJ's; $4,500 RH; $900 Ballard) in June. We're buying a home and doing AZEO, but the non-reporting has held hostage my credit scores. Equifax is still investigating the disputes, but today Experian reported zero balances for BJ's and Ballard, so perhaps it's tru the Comenity is trying its best to get back on track with reporting! Woohooo! My FICO 8 shot up 43 points FICO 5,4,2 up 31 points! I can't wait for my Equifax and TransUnion scores to update! Good luck to us all!

Message 84 of 218
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Since Bread credit cards are so popular, I took a look and found out it is Comenity.  Or Alliance Data as before.  It was not a credit card bank to start with.  Its background is credit card data processing.  Now it tried to brand itself to be a tech-forward financial service company.

It manages 160+ co-brand credit cards.  

I'm not against any credit card banks.  But for the easy credit and cheap no AF cards, cardholders pay price for the service, as opposed to the cards offered by the large CC banks like Chase, AmEx, Capital One etc.  

I do not hold any Comenity cards.  I just hold one store card, that is Lowe's.  I do not even charge it.

Message 85 of 218
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Since Bread credit cards are so popular, I took a look and found out it is Comenity.  Or Alliance Data as before.  It was not a credit card bank to start with.  Its background is credit card data processing.  Now it tried to brand itself to be a tech-forward financial service company.

I'm not against any credit card banks.  But for the easy credit and cheap no AF cards, cardholders pay price for the service, as opposed to the cards offered by the large CC banks like Chase, AmEx, Capital One etc.  

I do not hold any Comenity cards.  I just hold one store card, that is Lowe's.  I do not even charge it.

Correction @BronzeTrader 

Comenity/Comenity Capital Bank/Bread is the financial backing/entity. ADS was never a bank, but simply a processor for Comenityq/CCB. WFNNB was the previous financial entity before the rebrand/reorg to the currently known Comenity. ADS was known as LCS before the rebranding/acquisition. Comenity was never ADS, they were separate shell entities.

Message 86 of 218
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Correction @BronzeTrader 

Comenity/Comenity Capital Bank/Bread is the financial backing/entity. ADS was never a bank, but simply a processor for Comenityq/CCB. WFNNB was the previous financial entity before the rebrand/reorg to the currently known Comenity. ADS was known as LCS before the rebranding/acquisition. Comenity was never ADS, they were separate shell entities.

That is fair.  Jus stating there its roots are.  Sure a lot of things have evolved over time.  I do not care those names....

But we all know AmEx started from a travel related finance service company.  Its root is travel, money center and card services.  It has a large share in travel booking, money exchange, then charge and credit card issuers.

And those large commercial banks like Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo are well known.

Not sure the "Bread" thing is positive or negative.  I do not like that name.  Foolish.

Message 87 of 218
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Not sure the "Bread" thing is positive or negative.  I do not like that name.  Foolish.

Yeah, I would tend to agree that it's unclear why they decided to rebrand themselves to "Bread". Of all the available trendy or potential brand names that could've been selected they went with a food staple 😄 

Message 88 of 218
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Might be the perfect name. Since accounts aren't updated for months, they're going stale and moldy. 😂 @FinStar wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Yeah, I would tend to agree that it's unclear why they decided to rebrand themselves to "Bread". Of all the available trendy or potential brand names that could've been selected they went with a food staple 😄 

Message 89 of 218
IPIF
New Contributor

I received my new AAA Comenity card transferred from BOA.

I activated it and locked it.

Still deciding if I want to do business with them.

I read on internet that sometimes they delay or fail to process ACH payments and then charge a late fee.

I read that CSRs are not helpful if you have a transaction that is fraud.

When I registered my account they sent me a confirmation email. Then, I chose paperless and they sent another confirmation email.

I received both emails.

But everytime I login there is a red banner at top that asks to confirm information.

Click and it takes me to page that says they sent an email and enter code from email.

But I don' t ever get the this email. Tried several times over several days.

Does not inspire confidence in Comenity.

Message 90 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.