Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

tag
Meach7
New Contributor

Re: Comenity/Bread Financial PROBLEMS

Are you able to use your Bread card? My DW tried and they denied saying fraud, but have yet to send anything and won't tell us over the phone. Also nothing has hit her reports either. 

Message 151 of 218
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Benzman wrote:

Can't complain so far, but like others have said, my Bread Amex still has not appeared in any of my reports, which I activated more than two months ago. I also clicked on the CLI link in the online account about a week ago and was approved instantly for another $2K, albeit it was a hard pull. New limit shown instantly, but still no reporting to CBs.

This is sad! People have been reporting HP in the past month or so. 👎👎😒

For a bank that specializes in Co-Branded cards, having HP for CLI is absolutely ridicules.

I have 3 CCs with them, so I should expect 3 HPs every time? Hope this is temporary and they put the old policy back quick...

Message 152 of 218
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Benzman wrote:

Can't complain so far, but like others have said, my Bread Amex still has not appeared in any of my reports, which I activated more than two months ago. I also clicked on the CLI link in the online account about a week ago and was approved instantly for another $2K, albeit it was a hard pull. New limit shown instantly, but still no reporting to CBs.

This is sad! People have been reporting HP in the past month or so. 👎👎😒

For a bank that specializes in Co-Branded cards, having HP for CLI is absolutely ridicules.

I have 3 CCs with them, so I should expect 3 HPs every time? Hope this is temporary and they put the old policy back quick...

Sounds like they're not changing that policy, especially if they plan to include other partner cards in the foreseeable future with their recently implemented system. Just because they specialize in PLCCs doesn't mean that policies won't change over time especially if this curbs the appetite for a specific group of customers by inflating credit lines for padding 🤷‍♂️

It may seem unfortunate, but it is what it is so if folks want to request a CLI, it's best to expect a HP going forward.

Message 153 of 218
Yuruke
Established Member

Hrmm, I got the NFL Extra Points Visa back in July and the HP showed at the time but now....It's November and still not reporting the account to any of the 3 bureaus! While this really doesn't bother me,  I am concerned of what will happen if it randomly pops up in the future at a time when I'm expecting a certain score and it totally wrecks me. 

As for user interface, I actually find the one they use for NFL card pretty easy and well designed. Maybe just that specific card though is like this? Not sure as it's my only Comenity card. 

Message 154 of 218
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Yuruke wrote:

Hrmm, I got the NFL Extra Points Visa back in July and the HP showed at the time but now....It's November and still not reporting the account to any of the 3 bureaus! While this really doesn't bother me,  I am concerned of what will happen if it randomly pops up in the future at a time when I'm expecting a certain score and it totally wrecks me. 

As for user interface, I actually find the one they use for NFL card pretty easy and well designed. Maybe just that specific card though is like this? Not sure as it's my only Comenity card. 

Whenever it does appear, the correct opening date will be used. So it'll be a new account, yea, but you shouldn't be dinged as much as you would as if it was a fresh, brand new account. In other words, the proper age will be accounted for and built into the TL, so the hit, if any, should be minimized (excluding current utilization though - that is entirely up to you and what you let report monthly).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 155 of 218
headshellplus1

@Meach7 wrote:

Are you able to use your Bread card? My DW tried and they denied saying fraud, but have yet to send anything and won't tell us over the phone. Also nothing has hit her reports either. 

I have this same problem. I was approved for $10K and received the card last month.  Activated successfully, but I could not use the card because the transactions were denied. I called in, and they said that I would receive a letter in the mail that was on the way.  A week and a half passes, and it never arrives. I call in again, this time directly to the fraud department as advised by a help message reply on the website (oddly, logging into my account, all looks fine and operational, with no indication of any restrictions) .  The operator says that a letter was sent out (again, never arrived), but said that they would resend, and it would have the details about submitting ID, SS card, bank statement or utility bill for address verification .  Over two weeks have passed since that call, and the letter that was allegedly re-sent has yet to be received.

Message 156 of 218
Catbird_Seat
Contributor

@Benzman wrote:

Exact same things with my account, on Friday as soon as I requested the CLI, I got it & immediately got the email pings that a HP was done on EX. Account was open in July, still not reporting. 

Message 157 of 218
Catbird_Seat
Contributor

On 11/8, filed a dispute with all CRAs that my Sephora Visa hadn't updated the balance since 6/22. Today I got notifications that the trade line was correctly updated to a zero balance on all my reports. I suggest going that route if your accounts are still not correct. 

Message 158 of 218
kcos194
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity Not Reporting

@kcos194 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Dave4fun wrote:

I was alerted via email by Credit Karma/Trans Union that Comenity had not updated my balance or reported since June. They asked me to file a dispute if that was true. I did so. Very simple/easy with TU. It took 3 weeks to hear back after they investigated. They responded that the issue was now resolved. A few more days went by and all 3 bureaus have now updated to the zero balance. I have the 1.5% cash back Mastercard. I'm afraid to use it anymore for fear they won't report correctly or on time.  I also had interest in the 2% cashback Amex and the Ceasars Reward Visa, but again afraid to use their products now. 

Yea it seems the only way to get updates right now is via dispute. 

I just filed disputes with all 3 on Tuesday. At this point it's been 5 months since the last update (6/4/2022). I'll update this when/if I get a resolution. 

EQ just updated (it was the last of the 3 to finalize the dispute) and now all 3 are showing the current info. Wild that it took having to dispute these for them to be accurate but it is what it is at this point. 

Message 159 of 218
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Catbird_Seat wrote:

On 11/8, filed a dispute with all CRAs that my Sephora Visa hadn't updated the balance since 6/22. Today I got notifications that the trade line was correctly updated to a zero balance on all my reports. I suggest going that route if your accounts are still not correct. 

That's what I had to do.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 160 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.