Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

tag
pcmedic2k
Valued Member

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

What a MASSIVE extended delay. But im chiming in to share that ALL my Comenity cards (4) have FINALLY reported to the credit bureau's today after going dark since June. Hope that helps others who were trying to have their own Comenity Cards report.

Delay was quite the Guiness Book of World Records but it seems that everyone is now seeing their Comenity accounts updating before the New Year.

Yes, mine which had not updated since May updated as well. Had actually paid off my BJ's $5500 balance months ago and was frustrating that since May has still shown that balance. I had even filed a dispute with Equifax hoping it would get something moving.

Got emails 12/24 that reports had changed so pulled all 3 and while Experian and TU are now showing the account as paid, EQ says my dispute is closed/resolved, but now also has my my BJ's account listed under 'CLOSED ACCOUNTS'. Called Comenity and automated and live agent both verified account is still open and correct available balance. Even made a couple small purchases to make sure. SO, now I am trying to figure out why Equifax has moved it under Closed Accounts! Concerning as is a 12 year old tradeline and also recently received letter from Capitol One that will be receiving new card from them due to the change.

Message 201 of 218
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@pcmedic2k wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

What a MASSIVE extended delay. But im chiming in to share that ALL my Comenity cards (4) have FINALLY reported to the credit bureau's today after going dark since June. Hope that helps others who were trying to have their own Comenity Cards report.

Delay was quite the Guiness Book of World Records but it seems that everyone is now seeing their Comenity accounts updating before the New Year.

Yes, mine which had not updated since May updated as well. Had actually paid off my BJ's $5500 balance months ago and was frustrating that since May has still shown that balance. I had even filed a dispute with Equifax hoping it would get something moving.

Got emails 12/24 that reports had changed so pulled all 3 and while Experian and TU are now showing the account as paid, EQ says my dispute is closed/resolved, but now also has my my BJ's account listed under 'CLOSED ACCOUNTS'. Called Comenity and automated and live agent both verified account is still open and correct available balance. Even made a couple small purchases to make sure. SO, now I am trying to figure out why Equifax has moved it under Closed Accounts! Concerning as is a 12 year old tradeline and also recently received letter from Capitol One that will be receiving new card from them due to the change.

That's probably why - since it is changing issuers, the old is being closed and the new one will be a new TL. Hopefully the new TL keeps the history though. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 202 of 218
pcmedic2k
Valued Member

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@pcmedic2k wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

That's probably why - since it is changing issuers, the old is being closed and the new one will be a new TL. Hopefully the new TL keeps the history though. 

Two problems with that, they (Comenity) say it is NOT closed and is in fact still working. Second, the new Cap One cards do not arrive until end of February and if the account is reporting as CLOSED at that time then there is a chance Cap One will not issue the new card, and My utilization with EQ is now off by $5500 which will affect my score.
Message 203 of 218
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

File a CFPB complaint against EQ for false reporting and not doing proper due diligence on your dispute, as you've gone through a dispute with them and somehow it came back verified as closed, yet when you speak to Comenity directly, they verify it is indeed open. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 204 of 218
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Comenity Bank Website

Any one have any issue with the website for Comenity Bank cards? I have not used mine ever since they had a huge website issue. I'm scared to use mine again.

Message 205 of 218
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank Website

Lots of technical glitches ie not allowing me to set up autopay and the fact that it would be down several times a week, but the website for Bread Amex and AAA cards seems to have been revamped and I haven't had any problems since.

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 206 of 218
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@Jeffster1 wrote:

Lots of technical glitches ie not allowing me to set up autopay and the fact that it would be down several times a week, but the website for Bread Amex and AAA cards seems to have been revamped and I haven't had any problems since.

I just don't want to use my card and then can't pay the bill. Uggh. I just tried to log in now and it would not let me.

Message 207 of 218
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

I haven't used my cards for that very reason. I want to see a period of stability first.

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 208 of 218
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Cory88 wrote:

Any one have any issue with the website for Comenity Bank cards? I have not used mine ever since they had a huge website issue. I'm scared to use mine again.

@Cory88 - I have not experienced any issues recently with any of the accounts I have with them. I'm able to make payments directly online (they post just fine), usage alerts work as expected, I can redeem rewards and use any of the cards without problems.

That said, I don't have anything complex set up with their site such as auto-pay or similar features. Every once in a while the site could get a bit glitchy, but that was happening way before all the technical issues took place around June 🤷‍♂️

Message 209 of 218
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Cory88 wrote:

Not having any issues with my BJ's, AAA and NFL card. I have them on auto payment directly from Comenity site and not seeing any issues. All three are reporting and rewards are also calculating fine.

Message 210 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.