Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

tag
pcmedic2k
Valued Member

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

@OmarGB9 wrote:

File a CFPB complaint against EQ for false reporting and not doing proper due diligence on your dispute, as you've gone through a dispute with them and somehow it came back verified as closed, yet when you speak to Comenity directly, they verify it is indeed open. 

Thought I would give EQ one more chance to get it right thinking perhaps they did not fully understand the exact issue so filed an additional dispute with them. Got results todays saying dispute has been closed and absolutely nothing is changed other than EQ score dropped another 4 points. So, filed complaint with CFPB today.
Message 211 of 218
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@pcmedic2k wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

File a CFPB complaint against EQ for false reporting and not doing proper due diligence on your dispute, as you've gone through a dispute with them and somehow it came back verified as closed, yet when you speak to Comenity directly, they verify it is indeed open. 

Thought I would give EQ one more chance to get it right thinking perhaps they did not fully understand the exact issue so filed an additional dispute with them. Got results todays saying dispute has been closed and absolutely nothing is changed other than EQ score dropped another 4 points. So, filed complaint with CFPB today.

Yea no, they only deserve one chance.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 212 of 218
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

It doesn't fit the topic of this thread, but I wanted to note that I have not had any major issues (knock on wood) so far with my Comenity AAA Travel Advantage Visa since I received it in early October 2022 when the card issuer changed from Bank of America to Comenity.  I did initially have a problem with the rewards categories not being properly credited, but a lengthy phone call to Comenity in IIRC early November fixed that issue.  Comenity is pretty quick with crediting rewards to my account, and like Capital One, rewards cash is available immediately for use once it is credited, rather than at the end of a billing cycle like most issuers' cards.  (That's not a big deal to me, but some people really like that attribute.)

My biggest issue is the Comenity website is relatively prone to being unavailable, much more so than any other card issuer's site (and I have/had cards from many issuers - Chase, Discover, American Express, Capital One, Wells Fargo, Citi (both Citi's own site and merchant co-brand sites), PSECU, FNBO, and Bank of America); only Wells Fargo's site is remotely comparable in terms of not having access and even WF has a lot less access issues.  But most of the time I have no issues accessing Comenity's site, and there are times the unavailibility is a temporary issue; five minutes later I can get into the website.  (I'll note I check my most of my credit card issuers' websites on a near-daily basis.)

Having said the above, all in all I don't have any major complaints about Comenity in my 3+ months of having them as a credit card issuer.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 213 of 218
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

I actually took the time to read every single post from beginning to end on this thread.

Seeing as people have not been making comments for nearly 3 months, I am assuming that everything is back to normal?

I've been pondering about AAA cards, but seeing this 6+ months of complete utter incompetence is telling me that I should stay away from Comenity.

Message 214 of 218
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Absolution16 wrote:

I actually took the time to read every single post from beginning to end on this thread.

Seeing as people have not been making comments for nearly 3 months, I am assuming that everything is back to normal?

I've been pondering about AAA cards, but seeing this 6+ months of complete utter incompetence is telling me that I should stay away from Comenity.

@Absolution16,

I was hesitant about applying for a Comenity CC, but I tempted fate...(I am running out of lendersSmiley Very Happy)

applied and approved for the [AAA Travel Advantage VISA Signature]

So far the site works smoothly, no issues logging in, added outside payment source,

card is working properly, no declines, rewards are posting as they should.

Reporting properly to all (3) credit bureaus. At this time, I have NO complaints.

Mostly using for the 5% Gas category.

ETA: I have NO AAA membership for DP's.

Message 215 of 218
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

@M_Smart007 

Thank you!  I just read your approval data point as well.  Congratulations!

My latest app attempts with BoA, WF, and Synchrony all have resulted in some kind of verification requests, all differing in their method and the types of stuff requested.  I am thinking something in my profile is triggering this.  THAT, along with these aforementioned recent problems with Comenity have discouraged me from trying for one of these cards.  I like that they seem to pull EQ as I can afford to burn ONE HP on it, as I have 0 inquiries there.

Other minor hurdles include the fact that these AAA cards overlap with my BCE (though with better bonuses) and Comenity's use of SageStream, which has resulted in rather unexplained and funky responses from Synchrony.

Message 216 of 218
BettieP
New Visitor

No but I am cancelling them due to credit increase request being denied (merely to increase the limit to debt ratio while I pay it off...I already cut the card into pieces and disposed of it physically and digitally) but not even a very good credit score in the high range helped me. They are using my student loans to make decisions now and said I "haven't paid them down enough". I was in school full time until 2019 and then the payments stopped because of the pandemic. I was looking for a new job at the time and my spouse was helping me pay all the bills. I have a perfect payment history but credit scores obviously mean nothing if you tried to better yourself by earning a Master's and a doctorate. You have to be born independently wealthy to play the game and get ahead in this world; it is too obvious. I worked my *** off like you to raise my scores from the low 600s to past 750. I will only keep my USAA Mastercard and that is it. 

Message 217 of 218
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

@BettieP wrote:

No but I am cancelling them due to credit increase request being denied (merely to increase the limit to debt ratio while I pay it off...I already cut the card into pieces and disposed of it physically and digitally) but not even a very good credit score in the high range helped me. They are using my student loans to make decisions now and said I "haven't paid them down enough". I was in school full time until 2019 and then the payments stopped because of the pandemic. I was looking for a new job at the time and my spouse was helping me pay all the bills. I have a perfect payment history but credit scores obviously mean nothing if you tried to better yourself by earning a Master's and a doctorate. You have to be born independently wealthy to play the game and get ahead in this world; it is too obvious. I worked my *** off like you to raise my scores from the low 600s to past 750. I will only keep my USAA Mastercard and that is it. 

I feel you on that one. They will not give me a CLI on my Sephora and Ulta cards, but they keep giving me the same exact score from Equifax every month. I'm vonvinced a technical difficulty on their end that is preventing me from getting a CLI, because they said my score has been exactly the same for the last 6 months of asking.

Message 218 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.