cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

tag
pcmedic2k
Valued Member

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?

Just pulled my reports today and Bread/Comenity has not reported since June 4 on 2 reports and May 5 on 1 report. Aggravating since at that time the card sat at 5433.00 and was paid off August 3rd and sitting with $0 balance. Certainly be nice to see this show in my Utilization one day soon!

Message 101 of 218
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Mine has now updated with Experian.... gained six ficos.

Still not Equifax or TransUnion... at least via CK...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 102 of 218
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Mine has now updated with Experian.... gained six ficos.

Still not Equifax or TransUnion... at least via CK...

You just reminded me to go check mine. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 103 of 218
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Still noting for me on BJ's and NFL cards as of this morning!

AAA CC is not even showing and still BOA is reporting! This is totally different when Comenity migrated NFL CC from Barclays earlier...

Message 104 of 218
Greenivy
New Contributor

I have literally called every month, and I get the same song and dance that either they have been sending updates or they will do it on my statement date.  Called again today and got an even more generic answer that they will update it soon.  What the heck does that mean????  I have literally not had an update since mid June.  They are holding my credit score hostage at this point.  My balance at that time was 2700, and my utilization was 97%.  I paid it off at the end of June, so I now have a 0 balance.  I know that my score will literally increase at least 10-15 points on this one update alone.   I am so tired of Comentiy. I will never have another card with them. I can't figure out why people are still opening up accounts with them after this huge debacle.

Message 105 of 218
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Greenivy wrote:

I have literally called every month, and I get the same song and dance that either they have been sending updates or they will do it on my statement date.  Called again today and got an even more generic answer that they will update it soon.  What the heck does that mean????  I have literally not had an update since mid June.  They are holding my credit score hostage at this point.  My balance at that time was 2700, and my utilization was 97%.  I paid it off at the end of June, so I now have a 0 balance.  I know that my score will literally increase at least 10-15 points on this one update alone.   I am so tired of Comentiy. I will never have another card with them. I can't figure out why people are still opening up accounts with them after this huge debacle.

@GreenivyHate that it is affecting you so negatively.

Doesn't really affect me except I received a CLI months ago that hasn't updated yet (no major affect to utilization when it does).

I just hate something like this could go on due to the fact it could really mess someone up under the wrong circumstances.

People probably still get accounts with them for a number of reasons some being...

They are not aware of the situation.

They are not Myfico members that see the problem.

They are totally new to Comenity accounts.

etc.

I have a feeling since a couple of people lately have seen some type of movement to the updating happening more updating will be happening in the near future.

I am looking forward to the Day when I can post FINALLY THEY UPDATED but unfortunately Today is NOT the DAY.

not-today-1.gif

Message 106 of 218
tcbofade
Super Contributor

OK, so I'm up to two out of three!

Experian updated yesterday per Experian.com

Equifax updated overnight per CreditKarma.

TU is still showing a balance and last report in June.   ...any day now...

Message 107 of 218
kcos194
Regular Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

OK, so I'm up to two out of three!

Experian updated yesterday per Experian.com

Equifax updated overnight per CreditKarma.

TU is still showing a balance and last report in June.   ...any day now...

Did yours update automatically or did you have to call/dispute/CFPB for it? I went back through some of your posts but couldn't find if you'd mentioned that before, so apologies if you already have. 

Message 108 of 218
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I've called twice, and got the same run around everyone else has gotten.

I sent a secure message roughly 72 hours ago asking them if they ever intend to report accurate information to the CRAs... they have not yet responded, but two of the three have been updated.

Coincidence?

Message 109 of 218
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Sorry about the all issues with Comenity/Bread. 

I saw the crumby signs with their paper based redemption system in 2018.   They solidified their ineptitude with me when I closed my Sportsman Guide Visa 14 months later.  They confirmed that my SMG was closed- twice and on two different dates....

It was my shortest time with a credit card; my first Comenity one and of course, last.

Message 110 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.