cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

Get your FICO Score for free

No credit card required

MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

Re: How are you getting Comenity to report your card balance


@Bradac56 wrote:
[snip] I'd be happy to belive they are submitting updates that they know will not be accepted or will be delaied for some backend reason that they have with the reporting agencies.  But getting angry about a few months worth of low level credit reporting isn't worth an ulcer. 

we believe differently.   

 

 I believe the agencies would be glad to take the updates, but commenity is not submitting them. 

 

 I look at the mirage of drama that has plagued them since late May.  Many of us are continually getting apology emails on a barage of topics, including rewards not flowing through.   

 

I do agree on no reason to get angry, life is too short and those of us that got in bed with Comenity -we had plenty of warning here on this forum.   Now we can decide if we want to remain bed-fellows going forward.    

 

*I* don't consider Comenity a top-shelf bank/lender/card provider, so I've set my expectations low.    Still, I do wish they would report, they seemingly have some real issues behind the black curtain.     It's not the agencies refusing their updates IMO.

||
Message 51 of 160
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: How are you getting Comenity to report your card balance


@Bradac56 wrote:

@Greenivy wrote:

I really need serious answers on this. The company refuses to do anything about this.  They outright lie and say they've been updating in July, and August, when THEY know the last update was in June.   Is my only recourse to open a dispute with the Credit Bureaus?  I really hate doing that over something that could be easily mitigate if they would just report.

 

Thoughts?  For those with comenity cards what have you/plan to do?


Calling them outright liers is a bit to much hyperbole in my opinon.  You realise a CC company can submit anything they want to the agencies but the agencies decide to honor it or not. 

 

In this case it's Comenity so I'd be happy to belive they are submitting updates that they know will not be accepted or will be delaied for some backend reason that they have with the reporting agencies.  But getting angry about a few months worth of low level credit reporting isn't worth an ulcer. 


Actually if they're submitting false info, that's illegal and consumers could sue them. Yes the CRAs will report whatever is sent to them, but they're not vetting the info for accuracy. 


Last App: 9/22/2022
American Express Platinum Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 52 of 160
WomanITGeek
New Contributor

Re: How are you getting Comenity to report your card balance

To add to this thread, I have an Express CC from Comenity and I too have no updates to the CRA since June. I hit the CLI button today on my account and I was approved. So since they arent updating to the CRA, wonder how long will my CLI take to show as well.

 

Frustating...

AMEX Gold: NPSL | Citi Custom Cash: $8600 | Chase Freedom Unlimited: $2400 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10,800 | Express (Comenity) $3800
Message 53 of 160
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

Re: How are you getting Comenity to report your card balance


@WomanITGeek wrote:

...I have an Express CC from Comenity and I too have no updates to the CRA since June. I hit the CLI button today on my account and I was approved. So since they arent updating to the CRA, wonder how long will my CLI take to show as well.....


I hit the CLI button July 30 and was approved and it nearly instantly was shown.   BTW it was a very small CLI. 

....everything happened as if they're weren't the dumpster fire that we know they are. [fun smile]   I hope your results are consistent with mine -good luck.

||
Message 54 of 160
WomanITGeek
New Contributor

Re: How are you getting Comenity to report your card balance


@MachoHombre wrote:

@WomanITGeek wrote:

...I have an Express CC from Comenity and I too have no updates to the CRA since June. I hit the CLI button today on my account and I was approved. So since they arent updating to the CRA, wonder how long will my CLI take to show as well.....


I hit the CLI button July 30 and was approved and it nearly instantly was shown.   BTW it was a very small CLI. 

....everything happened as if they're weren't the dumpster fire that we know they are. [fun smile]   I hope your results are consistent with mine -good luck.


CLI showed instantly on my account page. I want it to show up to the CRA Smiley Frustrated when my statement is supposed to report which it hasnt in over 2 months now. Statement cut is coming up for Sept so lets see what happens. Will be the 3rd month in a row if it doesnt report.

AMEX Gold: NPSL | Citi Custom Cash: $8600 | Chase Freedom Unlimited: $2400 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10,800 | Express (Comenity) $3800
Message 55 of 160
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

Re: How are you getting Comenity to report your card balance


@WomanITGeek wrote:

 

CLI showed instantly on my account page. I want it to show up to the CRA Smiley Frustrated when my statement is supposed to report which it hasnt in over 2 months now. Statement cut is coming up for Sept so lets see what happens. Will be the 3rd month in a row if it doesnt report.

Yep!  You + Me ...plus an additional 50,000,000 other Comenity/Bread card holders -all in the same boat.

||
Message 56 of 160
Dinosaur
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations


@FireMedic1 wrote:

@su11ivan18BB&B are closing 150 stores. On the news yesterday. Just saying.


Well you are the carrier of good news? Smiley Surprised

 

Next will be Kohls as they are being challenged in the market place. Saw an article a couple of days back on them. Did not think to post it? Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 850
Current Score: EX 836 EQ 840 TU 834
Goal Score: 850


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 57 of 160
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

Re: How are you getting Comenity to report your card balance


@MachoHombre wrote:

@Bradac56 wrote:
[snip] I'd be happy to belive they are submitting updates that they know will not be accepted or will be delaied for some backend reason that they have with the reporting agencies.  But getting angry about a few months worth of low level credit reporting isn't worth an ulcer. 

we believe differently.   

 

 I believe the agencies would be glad to take the updates, but commenity is not submitting them. 

 

 I look at the mirage of drama that has plagued them since late May.  Many of us are continually getting apology emails on a barage of topics, including rewards not flowing through.   

 

I do agree on no reason to get angry, life is too short and those of us that got in bed with Comenity -we had plenty of warning here on this forum.   Now we can decide if we want to remain bed-fellows going forward.    

 

*I* don't consider Comenity a top-shelf bank/lender/card provider, so I've set my expectations low.    Still, I do wish they would report, they seemingly have some real issues behind the black curtain.     It's not the agencies refusing their updates IMO.


 

I'm sure Comenity is a (mod cut-circumventing the bad word filter is not allowed on this site, please refrain from it in the future) on the backend as well, I personally would never do business with them. 

 

But I've also worked on the backend of banking umbrellas and 3rd party bank support as an Eng so I know a bit about how crazy that can be.  The big three reporters do very odd things and can turn on or off CC/Bank reporting on a whim by moving the goldposts at will.  It's nearly as bad as car dealerships.


Message 58 of 160
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

Sure glad I'm not planning any major apps presently because Comenity is still NOT reporting since JUNE. Condolences to the folks who need it updated to zero for AZEO statuses.  SMH

Message 59 of 160
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

Heres a new one.

This morning i was paying my bread cb amex. i marked other and typed in 100.00.

When the verification page came up it said i was  paying 97.00 , i have no clue where they got 97 bucks from.

So to avoid further aggrevation i just hit the pay button and paid them 97 instead of 100

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1000/ kohls 3000/ discover IT cb 5500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 2500 /first savings bank cc 2500/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /comenity rewards mc 3k, Penfed PCR signature visa 7.5k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 15700/bread cashback amex 6k

>/ nfcu platinum 3k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
Message 60 of 160
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.