cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

Get your FICO Score for free

No credit card required

SDMarik
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?


@jrubedjmp311 wrote:

I just spoke with a supervisor at Comenity.

 

The system is still an issue. However, if a customer needs them to manually send the updates to the bureaus, there is a form they fill out to manually push this. Takes 5 days to update


I tried that and it accomplished nothing, as soon as it hit 90+ days and it was past FCRA guidelines i just filed a dispute.



"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 71 of 160
kcos194
Contributor

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?


@SDMarik wrote:

@jrubedjmp311 wrote:

I just spoke with a supervisor at Comenity.

 

The system is still an issue. However, if a customer needs them to manually send the updates to the bureaus, there is a form they fill out to manually push this. Takes 5 days to update


I tried that and it accomplished nothing, as soon as it hit 90+ days and it was past FCRA guidelines i just filed a dispute.


Did you have any success after the dispute? Just started one for DW on her VS card, curious if I should expect it to work, or if I'm headed to the CFPB. 

Message 72 of 160
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?

I'd stay away from any of the Comenity cards.  It is a co-brand card powerhouse.  But its root is the card data processing.  It now tries to brand itself as part of the fin-tech movement with its Bread cards.  Same company, same poor service.

 

I won't touch its Bread cards.

 

Message 73 of 160
Remedios
Moderator

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?

I would caution you all against disputing. If their system is still not functioning as intended, you might end up with late payments you don't have. 

In a nutshell, internal records aren't up to standard when it comes to reporting so you might end up with a negative then having to deal with a negative. 

 

During this period when they experienced all this poop emoji stuff, some people didn't pay on time, so internal audit needs to be able to distinguish between what's a glitch, what's truly a non-payment. 

There won't be mass clemency when it comes to lates incurred during this period, and before anyone says "How is that fair"...it's not, but that's how it works. 

 

Or, dispute and see how it goes for you. It might even work 

 

 

"To The Left" ~ Gandhi
Message 74 of 160
Blender
New Contributor

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?


@Remedios wrote:

I would caution you all against disputing. If their system is still not functioning as intended, you might end up with late payments you don't have. 

In a nutshell, internal records aren't up to standard when it comes to reporting so you might end up with a negative then having to deal with a negative. 

 

During this period when they experienced all this poop emoji stuff, some people didn't pay on time, so internal audit needs to be able to distinguish between what's a glitch, what's truly a non-payment. 

There won't be mass clemency when it comes to lates incurred during this period, and before anyone says "How is that fair"...it's not, but that's how it works. 

 

Or, dispute and see how it goes for you. It might even work 

 

 


Any idea if there is a grace period for comenity reporting a late? due date 10/10 and its scheduled for 10/12 now. 

12/03/2022





Collections: 3 | Defaulted US DOE/ fed loan servicing- paid | Charge off: 1 | Late payments: yes
Message 75 of 160
Greenivy
New Contributor

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?


@Remedios wrote:

I would caution you all against disputing. If their system is still not functioning as intended, you might end up with late payments you don't have. 

In a nutshell, internal records aren't up to standard when it comes to reporting so you might end up with a negative then having to deal with a negative. 

 

During this period when they experienced all this poop emoji stuff, some people didn't pay on time, so internal audit needs to be able to distinguish between what's a glitch, what's truly a non-payment. 

There won't be mass clemency when it comes to lates incurred during this period, and before anyone says "How is that fair"...it's not, but that's how it works. 

 

Or, dispute and see how it goes for you. It might even work 

 

 


Well what is the remedy?  Let them keep not reporting?  I literally have a 0 balance and have had a 0 balance since mid June....... but they last reported a few days before I paid my account off......each month it "looks" like I still owe 3000$.......my credit score has literally been held hostage from this creditor for months.......I'm guaranteed to gain at least 15 points once this reports, but unfortunately looks like it they could take until 2023 to fix their issues.

Message 76 of 160
Remedios
Moderator

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?


@Blender wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I would caution you all against disputing. If their system is still not functioning as intended, you might end up with late payments you don't have. 

In a nutshell, internal records aren't up to standard when it comes to reporting so you might end up with a negative then having to deal with a negative. 

 

During this period when they experienced all this poop emoji stuff, some people didn't pay on time, so internal audit needs to be able to distinguish between what's a glitch, what's truly a non-payment. 

There won't be mass clemency when it comes to lates incurred during this period, and before anyone says "How is that fair"...it's not, but that's how it works. 

 

Or, dispute and see how it goes for you. It might even work 

 

 


Any idea if there is a grace period for comenity reporting a late? due date 10/10 and its scheduled for 10/12 now. 


30 days. You will have a fee to pay but no late 

 

"To The Left" ~ Gandhi
Message 77 of 160
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyones comenity updated on reports recently?

In yesterdays mail i received a preapproval letter for the bread amex, they just gave me that card a few months ago, has to be a comenity glitch.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1000/ kohls 3000/ discover IT cb 5500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 2500 /first savings bank cc 2500/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /comenity rewards mc 3k, Penfed PCR signature visa 7.5k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 15700/bread cashback amex 6k

>/ nfcu platinum 3k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
Message 78 of 160
750andup2
Established Member

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

Hi all , my available credit is 800 less than it should be on my Bread card. Basically counting everything up, they are 800 dollars short. They spent one hour with me, counting every transaction up to recheck the numbers, and finally said it's the first time they have seen this. Escalated the issue, and told me to call in 3-5 days. Has this happened to anyone?

Message 79 of 160
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations


@750andup2 wrote:

Hi all , my available credit is 800 less than it should be on my Bread card. Basically counting everything up, they are 800 dollars short. They spent one hour with me, counting every transaction up to recheck the numbers, and finally said it's the first time they have seen this. Escalated the issue, and told me to call in 3-5 days. Has this happened to anyone?


Are you saying we have to carefully check the statements too now! 🤦‍♂️

 







              
Message 80 of 160
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.