Not applicable

Re: Comenity cards closed.

OMG....Do u know how much flatware I could get with 5K??!!??  I'm shaking :0

Message 31 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to add to the speculations but,...

Given that there have not been more people posting similar problems, this looks to be more of an isolated issue.

Side note - I think it would be a bad idea to get these cards and then instantly max them out on a spending binge.

Message 32 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear. Thanks for the warning.  I might get lucky. I got approved more than 5 store cards thru pre-approval earlier this year, last year and the year before. I got approved all the BillMe Later accounts including HP, Newegg, MacMall. They didn't close any of my accounts or closed. Sometimes, they sent me a letter to call them to veify ID. I consider myself lucky.

Ron.

Message 33 of 55
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Applying for a lot of cards close together, store or not, signals risk. I dont even know why someone would want a dozen store cards but to each their own
Message 34 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091

Why so many store cards?  For me, I have already got a few Capital One cards, secured Wells Fargo Visa and a small secured installment loan through the local credit union.  I needed more trade lines so I can grow my credit garden while saving for a mortgage down over the next 1.5-2 years.  10 comenity cards was the only viable option to add accounts.

Is it aggressive to apply for 10?...Of course. They sent me letters to confirm my account and I've only put a small amount to trigger reporting at this time.  A conservative approach to a crazy scheme...You bet! Smiley Happy haha.

Again, yes, it is pushing the envelope, but I'm not pushing the account limits and I already had 1 commenity account prior that have had good utilization.  I will not apply again for at least 6-12 months and only if there is a need (which I doubt).

Honestly, i'm waiting to see what happens moving forward.  If there are any issues, I'll post them here so others can learn.  For sure, I will not rock the boat or draw any attention.  I'll quietly cycle low use balances over the accounts for optimal fico score growth (as I have learned in this forum).

Message 35 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not about your scores. It's how you use them. 😉
Message 36 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@happypill wrote:

There's been a lot of speculation in this thread, but did they give you any reason why they are closing the accounts?  Was it because you didn't respond properly to the fraud alerts, or because you had too many accounts or too much outstanding credit with Comenity?  Did they tell you anything?

I was going to ask a similar question. OP how did you respond? Did you call in? Or just you just mail or fax the proof they asked for? If it's the latter, perhaps they didn't receive it for some reason. I would suggest calling them as soon as possible.

Just an FYI, the OP is from 9/8/2014. Hopefully their issues has been resolved by now lol. 

Ha ha, thanks msbia, I admit I'm guilty of not looking at the date Smiley Sad but in my defense I was really tired last night Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does Comenity back anything useful? Besides Virgin America Visa?

Orbitz Rewards Visa, Pier 1, Crate and Barrel.

Ron.

Message 38 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron.

Okay, I'll give you Orbitz.

Message 39 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron.

Also Good Sam/ Camping World Visa, Total Rewards Visa, Sportsman's Guide Visa.

Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.