Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity closed my brand new William Sonoma Visa

tag
barca
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity closed my brand new William Sonoma Visa

@Creditaddict  sorry for the closure.

I have seen a lot of people on this forum also complain about synchrony or other banks closing their accounts.

'the one denominator in most of these cases are those who have lots of credit card or seeking high number of credit within short period.

while it is perfectly okay, to have large number of credit cards with lengthy credit history - (it was built over time)

In my opinion these two scenario should be discouraged:

1. too many credit accounts within a short period 
  2. large number of credit cards with short credit history 

not surprising that bank algorithms are coming hard on these two scenarios lately.

Message 11 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I didn't do anything after opening the account because it's only been 20 days!

computer approved

account opening

human reviewed account

pretty bad process as other post said but in the end, their right.

paying it off and moving on

Message 12 of 20
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Synch did the same thing with dh's care credit opened and closed within one month, then the dominos effect with his others . Yes should have not poked the bear with care credit 🙄

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 13 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear it but as others have said they dont play around. I no longer do business with them for anything after closing out my last AKC Visa with them. Even though they can close an account for any reason at any time the fact that this was new, the review should have been done prior to approving it. I might even file a complaint with the CFPB over it.

Message 14 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Plus it only seems to be with their visa line of products as they did not close my J.Crew credit card or my West Elm which I have had for years.

Message 15 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

Plus it only seems to be with their visa line of products as they did not close my J.Crew credit card or my West Elm which I have had for years.

Are the J Crew and West Elm the only 2 other CCs you have with them?  As far as a full out closure, it depends on internal factors.  Sometimes they close the "majors" and leave the retail ones intact and in other cases they close everything out.

Message 16 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Are the J Crew and West Elm the only 2 other CCs you have with them?  As far as a full out closure, it depends on internal factors.  Sometimes they close the "majors" and leave the retail ones intact and in other cases they close everything out.

yes, those are my only 2.

Message 17 of 20
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

They closed mine the same day I was approved. I've pretty much given up any chances of going with Comenity for anything.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I literally received my first statement in today's mail but receive an alert from Experian that it had been closed... upon calling it was reviewed as high risk on 22nd and closed!

im like less than 30 days after approval!!!

you should delete the entire account from my credit if you are going to just approve, open and then close accounts before I can even make a payment...

That explains the no HP. Yikes. What a strange trip. Comenity giveth. Comenity taketh away. 🥶🥺

Message 19 of 20
Drozzmo
Established Member

Sorry to hear this. On my rebuilding journey my first card was a Kay jewelers also from Commenity. They used to be easy peasy to deal with and then they started balancing chasing on a jewelry account. I shut them down and didn't look back. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.