Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity closed / shows open

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity closed / shows open

I closed my Virgin America card five months ago. Today I get an email about my new statement. Says 0 balance. I log in and it shows I have the available credit of my old credit line. My credit reports show it as closed. I just called and the lady this early in the morning was clueless. I'm just wondering if it's really closed?

Guess I'm paranoid they'll reopen it to get the annual fee that I believe happens to come best month
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity closed / shows open

*next month (sorry don't know how to edit on the mobile site )
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me when I closed my credit one account. It said closed on the site then a week later the account page didn't say closed anymore and I received an email saying that my statement was ready. I also keep getting emails to open my account again. It's very confusing.
Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I don't believe they can reopen it without you knowing about it. I could be wrong. I know I press on things, so if it were me, I'd probably call them and stay on until someone who knows for sure can answer. Even technical help if need be, to make your the account page becomes inactive.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.