Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity closing all Abercrombie accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity closing all Abercrombie accounts

Just received a USPS letter stating my store card is closing May 1. Must admit I didn't use it often and it didn't grew much. Now 19 cards.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity closing all Abercrombie accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

Just received a USPS letter stating my store card is closing May 1. Must admit I didn't use it often and it didn't grew much. Now 19 cards.

Was the verbage "ALL" or just your account. I'm curious because I havent recieved one or any notice on my portal

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

"...It is discontinuing its legacy Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) Credit Card." It's on the website also. Just wonder about the future of A&F.

Message 3 of 24
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was the verbage "ALL" or just your account. I'm curious because I havent recieved one or any notice on my portal

"Thank you for your interest in the Abercrombie & Fitch Credit Card program.
The Abercrombie & Fitch Credit Card program will end on 05/01/2020. Because of this, we are no longer accepting new applications for the Abercrombie & Fitch Credit Card program. Existing cardmembers will receive additional information about what this change means for your account. Have questions? Please contact Customer Care at 1-800-695-9583 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) and we will be happy to help you."  https://c.comenity.net/abercrombie/

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard they were closing abunch of stores, but nothing about BK. 

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've looked online and nothing. Based on the A&F website of no new cards and that there is no mention of a new card administrator, it doesn't look good.

Message 6 of 24
toi34
Established Contributor

Hmmm...I just applied for this card 2 weeks ago and it came in the mail yesterday. I've already made purchases on it and it works fine. I don't see any disclosures when I chexk my account page. Perhaps it's regional?

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of my purchases are made in Columbus Ohio area where A&F is HD'd. Emails for the Polaris store are sent often. 

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got the letter to (IL) I'm actually bummed just got this card after bk. I actually use it a lot for kids 😞

Message 9 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

https://c.comenity.net/abercrombie/

"Thank you for your interest in the Abercrombie & Fitch Credit Card program.

The Abercrombie & Fitch Credit Card program will end on 05/01/2020. Because of this, we are no longer accepting new applications for the Abercrombie & Fitch Credit Card program. Existing cardmembers will receive additional information about what this change means for your account. Have questions? Please contact Customer Care at 1-800-695-9583 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) and we will be happy to help you."

Sounds pretty universal to me...

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.