Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity closing all Abercrombie accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity closing all Abercrombie accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

Most of my purchases are made in Columbus Ohio area where A&F is HD'd. Emails for the Polaris store are sent often. 

That Polaris store is a pretty space. It was a flagship store for launching a new style for retail stores. 

I used to work for A&F about 6 years ago. I honestly did not know they had a credit card, nor did I ever see one or have someone pay for it in store...

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughter was working at the Gap Albuquerque business HQ and was hired by A&F in Col, O.  Out of loyalty I applied for the store card. Within a year she was working for JPMC. A&F does have a nice campus. I must admit the savings were much better at Banana Republic.

Message 12 of 24
nyyankees877
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Just received a USPS letter stating my store card is closing May 1. Must admit I didn't use it often and it didn't grew much. Now 19 cards.

I got the same letter. One of my oldest cards, only reason I kept it open. Limit was 2K

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance they might convert it to a different card like maybe buckle if call in???? I got this strait out of my BK7 in September of 2019. I don't want to loose it. 

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says all. I received my letter today. It says "all" credit card accounts will be closed. What happened?  Why?

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So do I. Kinda sad. 

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doubt if Comenity will exchange for another card. A couple years ago, Comenity closed all the Fuel Rewards MC, which included me. Nothing was offered and I hold the Buckle, the Express, and the Sportsmans Guide Visa. Plus the A&F card. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good for A&F. What retail store doesn't have a card?

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting worried too! I like Abercrombie because it's the one place I can shop and feel really comfortable in the clothes. It matches my style oh so well. Maybe I'll stock up on some colone. 

card wise how will it affect credit reporting with a accounted closed by creditor 😬 maybe I should call a few days before and have them close it by consumer? 

Message 18 of 24
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm getting worried too! I like Abercrombie because it's the one place I can shop and feel really comfortable in the clothes. It matches my style oh so well. Maybe I'll stock up on some colone. 

card wise how will it affect credit reporting with a accounted closed by creditor 😬 maybe I should call a few days before and have them close it by consumer? 

It doesn't. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 19 of 24
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

I just received my letter today and yes they are discontinuing their retail card.  Comenity should allow us to chose a different product from their list of cards, they have over 90.  Anyway, I used the card sporadically especially when they were discounting their cashmere sweaters and tees last year.   Received  great discounts on that particular buy.  Oh well, 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.