Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity denial letter ‘can’t access my credit report’

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity denial letter ‘can’t access my credit report’

I’ve tried to increase the limits on my Commenity credit cards several times using the luv button and calling the numbers on the back of the cards, they deny me every time siting ‘they can not access my credit report’. I have no credit freezes or alerts on my credit profile and this is the only bank that says this. Does this happen to anyone else, anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Commenity denial letter ‘can’t access my credit report’

Which report are they unable to access? I'm assuming it's EQ.

Have you contacted the CR agency in question to confirm that there's no security freeze or whatnot? Are you able to view or monitor any activity on your CRs through Credit Karma, for instance?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to view my credit report thru discover, CK, cap1 etc the problem seems to be them. I have also opened 3 new cards between Commenity denial letters and gotten significant increases on my gap and old navy cards. It’s so perplexing
Message 3 of 6
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Since they seem to be older cards, I would check and see if they have updated information and also to make sure they have your correct social on file. Reach out to all 3 CRAs to make sure there's no freezes.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve opened new cards since Commenity last sited this reason but I will definitely reach out to the bank directly and the bureaus. Thank you for you time and advice, it’s greatly appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Every time one of my Comenity cards is denied a CLI “can’t access my credit file” is one of the denial reasons given, especially since they removed the credit report access button. I foolishly allowed them access to my reports back in November when getting CLI’s ( didn’t think they would actually do HP’s). Ended up with 6 additional HP’s on my Equifax. Lesson learned. I just accept their denials now since their cards get limited use anyway. Overstock, Wayfair and William Sonoma are the only ones still routinely giving CLI’s to me. YMMV.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.