Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity is on to me?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity is on to me?!

I've got to say that I agree with creditaddict. There's nothing wrong with knowing, and testing, the limits of a particular card or bank. That's not abuse. It's knowing the product. I feel no empathy for Comenity. They make their money on the backs of their cardmembers. That's not abuse either, imho.

Message 21 of 70
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

CA....This is that box I was trying to tell you about awhile back in a PM! LOL....I have had this same box for a few months now on Jcrew, and I did have it on LOFT as well, but I closed that card.

I could be because we triggered something with all the requests...who knows. I still check to see if the that box is still there a few times a month. The moment its gone....ALL GLOVES ARE OFF....ITS CLI TIME!! LOLSmiley Wink
Message 22 of 70
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got to say that I agree with creditaddict. There's nothing wrong with knowing, and testing, the limits of a particular card or bank. That's not abuse. It's knowing the product. I feel no empathy for Comenity. They make their money on the backs of their cardmembers. That's not abuse either, imho.

A synchophatic or usurious relationship, depends on the borrower?

Signature needs updating
Message 23 of 70
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

HMM

Haven't seen the button on DW or my accounts.  We try the button at least once a month, usually the week of or week after statement cut.  Between the 2 of us we have 6 Comenity cards....and yes we shop at all the stores...ahh the joy of having tweens and an infant!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

As far as abuse, meh.  They (CCC) work their systems as much as they can to get as much as they can out of their "borrowers", and I don't see anything wrong with doing the same to them. 

Message 24 of 70
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Although I find all the members who are new to rebuilding and adding 10 SCT accounts to be counter-productive, to each his own. That is why we are all her, if even in the smallest ways, we like to know how to exploit CCC, CB, etc: into getting us what we want.

As for the box, I wouldnt worry much about it until you actually get a HP

Message 25 of 70
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I personally think its taking advantage of the system. Abuse is a strong word but it does border on it.

Regardless, it doesn't really matter if its abuse or not. People are free to do what they want and deal with whatever the consequences are good or bad. I don't need 500 sp CLIs to make me happy because my util is fine as is but anyone can do what they please

I'm glad they're tightening up on it, personally. Again, consequences. Lenders eventually catch on to people taking advantage of things and they change it. Whether its "abuse" or not I'm glad they're making it harder to do. Nobody honestly needs as much credit as they would give out.

I feel like if a creditor just gives everyone lots of CLIs you aren't really earning it, so its less special to me. I'd rather gain a CLI with time and a lender trusting me then just because. Sometimes people get greedy with comenity.

Anyway, live and let live. Glad they're tightening up but even if you aren't glad, there's nothing anyone can do about it. It is what it is.
Message 26 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
I personally think its taking advantage of the system. Abuse is a strong word but it does border on it.

Regardless, it doesn't really matter if its abuse or not. People are free to do what they want and deal with whatever the consequences are good or bad. I don't need 500 sp CLIs to make me happy because my util is fine as is but anyone can do what they please

I'm glad they're tightening up on it, personally. Again, consequences. Lenders eventually catch on to people taking advantage of things and they change it. Whether its "abuse" or not I'm glad they're making it harder to do. Nobody honestly needs as much credit as they would give out.

I feel like if a creditor just gives everyone lots of CLIs you aren't really earning it, so its less special to me. I'd rather gain a CLI with time and a lender trusting me then just because. Sometimes people get greedy with comenity.

Anyway, live and let live. Glad they're tightening up but even if you aren't glad, there's nothing anyone can do about it. It is what it is.

How is it taking advantage of the system by clicking a CLI link that the bank put there?  I truly don't understand that thought process.  Comenity is not stupid.  They wouldn't let people repeatedly request CLIs if they didn't want it to happen.  He or anyone else is not, somehow by a trick, making the CLI button show up on his account.

Message 27 of 70
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Because you are requesting CLI way far and above what you need for util. Taking advantage of the generosity. Like I said though, do what you want, im just saying clearly they're trying to slow people down.

I'm sorry but with 67 cards you really don't need any more CLI anyway. I'm sure they can see how many lines you have. They probably want a HP to determine whether you need more credit. With 67 cards open, I think its reasonable of them to want to assess your profile with a HP. You may not like it, but your title being "comenity is on to me" shows that you know full well you have what they likely consider "too much credit".
Message 28 of 70
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Credit is not an infinite resource and you'll hit a peak, period
Message 29 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Credit is not an infinite resource and you'll hit a peak, period

Ok, I agree with that but I don't consider banks giving CLIs as being 'generous'.  So because I've hit the CLI button 3 months in a row and raised my Overstock card's limit from $12K to $13.2K I'm somehow taking advantage of Comenity's generosity?

Message 30 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.