Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity is on to me?!

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Comenity is on to me?!

How weird because when I click the CLI button on J.crew or express it gives me this " Thank you for your interest in a credit limit increase. To complete your request, we need more information. Please call the Customer Care team at 1-888-428-8810 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) at your earliest convenience."

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 61 of 70
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Use the automated phone system when that happens
Message 62 of 70
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I just tried and it wanted to transfer me to a representative but they're closed right now 

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 63 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattayy wrote:

How weird because when I click the CLI button on J.crew or express it gives me this " Thank you for your interest in a credit limit increase. To complete your request, we need more information. Please call the Customer Care team at 1-888-428-8810 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) at your earliest convenience."

I think that is happening to a few people... I really hope they are not catching up on the CLI increases LOL.  I like my montly plan with themSmiley Tongue

Message 64 of 70
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

I just tried and it wanted to transfer me to a representative but they're closed right now 

oh i wouldn't do that!

Message 65 of 70
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm I wonder what is going on! The luv button was my best friend haha Smiley Tongue

Message 66 of 70
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

What do you think thta means?! 

Message 67 of 70
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

What do you think thta means?! 

i would wait a couple months and check again.

I usually get that when I have recently gotten a CLI and not elegible for another but sometimes I can still obtain 1 through the auomated phone system.

Message 68 of 70
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

ahh okay that makes sense

Message 69 of 70
taxi818
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

All I know is when I got my Jcrew Card it was a $250 CL, really??  Can Anyone Do anything with a $250 CL?  Buy a shirt and a few pairs of boxers and be maxed...  Obviously that card was wrothless until I got some CLI's only had the card what 4 months now and up to 850$, still not really that useful  for a normal person that might carry a balance (utilization purposes) granted it pads mine a very tiny tiny tiny bit since I PIF each month.. It really will only be worth something to me when I get around the 4k-5k CL then it will actually truely be useful as I wouldn't worry about buying a shirt and pants and letting it report without getting my util. out of wack (although I would never pay the  crazy interest on the card)! So with that being said, yes a $250 dollar or $500 line they initially give most people is a joke, so there has to to be CLI to make the card work for the consumer as well..  Granted there are people that do go overboard with it and maybe that is who they might be looking at more closely for whatever reason.  Honestly there is no point of store cards if you have major reward CC's unless you spend a bit with them and pat there backs in the form of buying something every monrth or two and in return they pat your back in return with regards to a CLI.  This statement doesn't hold true to all as some people love store cards and utilize them rather then normal CC's that offer better benefits, but that is another subject.  I am closing out my gamestop card this week, why I ever got it I don't know and just leave my Jcrew card and that is plenty of store cards for me, other then of course the beloved hidden TL that I think most can appreciate.

I keep hearing J Crew is supposed to be one of those Comenity cards that can grow a lot. Quite frankly outside of their hidden BML products, there's not much else from them I'd particularly want (Virgin America card though is a different story). 

Like my 6500 jcrew with a 10 dollar balance. Lo. Smiley Happy. Great util buffer butstartedwith a 250 credit limit 6 months ago. It's great now. New socks. Every 6 months

Message 70 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.