Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

@Red1Blue wrote:

I am sure Wayfair CSRs are breifed about this and they should have some idea.

Feel free to call and let us know!   I cannot imagine getting any real information about this from a CSR, apart from something fairly meaningless like "discussions are taking place"

Message 21 of 582
wambeezy
Regular Contributor

They closed my account last month with $16,500.00 of credit limit. I was bummed about that since the wife like's buying stuff there. 

Message 22 of 582
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Any good alternatives to them?

Message 23 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOAB...

Just bought from them last week. I was "due" a CLI on my card today based on the pattern of them I've been getting, and was wondering why there was no luv button. 

That's a $10,500 TL down the drain Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 582
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yeah, Walmart.  They sell most of the exact same items/brands for less.  The only great thing about Wayfair was this card...along with the occassional deal.  You gotta search those killer deals out though, it's not like you were shopping for that particular item but it was a too good to pass up type thing. Too bad!  I noticed that the Heart button is gone from mine and dh's accts.  

ETA: maybe Overstock will be the Alternative.  I'll have to check it out a little more.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 25 of 582
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

SOAB...

Just bought from them last week. I was "due" a CLI on my card today based on the pattern of them I've been getting, and was wondering why there was no luv button. 

That's a $10,500 TL down the drain Smiley Sad

Yep, sad.  This was a favorite tl and a great grower.  Would love to know why this tl tanked.

Message 26 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

You and me both. I bought $650 worth of stuff last week, and was looking at another ~$1000 buy in the next 3-4 weeks. I'm not happy to lose such a large tradeline (my second largest), but I'm also not happy to lose the ability to finance at 0% for the very regular buying I do with them.

Message 27 of 582
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yeah, Walmart.  They sell most of the exact same items/brands for less.  The only great thing about Wayfair was this card...along with the occassional deal.  You gotta search those killer deals out though, it's not like you were shopping for that particular item but it was a too good to pass up type thing. Too bad!  I noticed that the Heart button is gone from mine and dh's accts.  

Build.com has good lighting, but it can be a nuisance if you need to return anything.

I got outdoor furniture from Ashley.

Etsy has a lot of nice soft goods.

Walmart's subsidiary Hayneedle has an attractively dysfunctional website at times. I entered in a 10% off coupon that somehow gave me 60% off. $800 pretax became $320.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 28 of 582
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous  did you see the Human Trafficking Conspiracy Theory?   Profit up, though temporary probably, and then this conspiracy....idk

Message 29 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I did hear about it. Seemed AWFULLY far-fetched. I can't imagine there was enough credence given to that to cause the bank-retail relationship to tank.

Message 30 of 582
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.