Did you mean: 

Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

@wasCB14 wrote:

I got outdoor furniture from Ashley.

I walked into the Ashley Furniture store with the ad from Walmart on their Walworth living room suite.  Ashley sales ppl didn't even know Walmart sales Ashley Furniture.  Ashley refused to meet or beat Walmart.  I then drove to the next furniture store that also sales Ashley furniture and the met the deal, they beat the Walmart ad.  Saved $650;

Also, as another poster here led me into looking at Appliances Connection.  Very good prices!  Comenity sc too.  I may get this card...depends on what dh will let me upgrade and change out this next go-round.

@wasCB14 wrote:

I entered in a 10% off coupon that somehow gave me 60% off. $800 pretax became $320.

Waaat?  That's amazingly lucky!  I love it when hiccups happen like that.  Where did you find the coupon?  I'm gonna try this, lol!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 31 of 582
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I did hear about it. Seemed AWFULLY far-fetched. I can't imagine there was enough credence given to that to cause the bank-retail relationship to tank.

They pulled those products.  Yeah at first I didn't believe it either....still don't but then there was an online news report and the ceo stating the products were pulled.  What?!?  So idk.  Loose lips sink ships.  Could be a move to be proactive against more conspiracy bs, ya never know.  Or they're sick of Comenity or vice versa.  All just silly guesses cause that's all there can be for now.  Look forward to the real reason why we're losing our accts.

Message 32 of 582
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

I got outdoor furniture from Ashley.

I walked into the Ashley Furniture store with the ad from Walmart on their Walworth living room suite.  Ashley sales ppl didn't even know Walmart sales Ashley Furniture.  Ashley refused to meet or beat Walmart.  I then drove to the next furniture store that also sales Ashley furniture and the met the deal, they beat the Walmart ad.  Saved $650;

Also, as another poster here led me into looking at Appliances Connection.  Very good prices!  Comenity sc too.  I may get this card...depends on what dh will let me upgrade and change out this next go-round.

@wasCB14 wrote:

I entered in a 10% off coupon that somehow gave me 60% off. $800 pretax became $320.

Waaat?  That's amazingly lucky!  I love it when hiccups happen like that.  Where did you find the coupon?  I'm gonna try this, lol!

The outdoor furniture was a single large online purchase during a Polywood sale. Indoor furniture is old miscellaneous family furniture.

I've not found a single great place to get appliances...

HD/Lowes in-store staff aren't helpful and prices are high, but the HD delivery people were good.

Costco had a low price and good phone support but terrible third-party delivery contractors.

Pacific Sales (a Best Buy subsidiary in CA) has good prices but lied about delivery dates. In-house delivery was mediocre.

The Hayneedle coupon was something on their site. I don't recall the coupon,  but it was about 6 months ago on some large plant trellises they no longer sell.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 33 of 582
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Thanks! @wasCB14   check out Appliances Connection sometime.  I did online price comparison and with the Comenity financing this could be a good tl.  I compared refrigerators and was impressed.

Message 34 of 582
Grim87
Valued Member

I was told on a separate thread even though they close it, it would not hurt utilization as long as the limit is still reported. I have a 16.3k line with them and a balance. Can someone confirm what I was told?

Message 35 of 582
fladowntown
Established Member

I just got my letter dated today Aug 8th. I loved using this card hope another lender takes it over.

Message 36 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grim87 wrote:

I was told on a separate thread even though they close it, it would not hurt utilization as long as the limit is still reported. I have a 16.3k line with them and a balance. Can someone confirm what I was told?

My understanding is your Utilization will lose the credit line while retaining the balance owed. Sorry.

Message 37 of 582
Grim87
Valued Member

Bummer, I will try to consolidate it with an installment then. I doubt another lender will pick up Wayfair in a little over a month. Thanks for the help!

Message 38 of 582
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Grim87 wrote:

Bummer, I will try to consolidate it with an installment then. I doubt another lender will pick up Wayfair in a little over a month. Thanks for the help!

So sorry too.....it's unfair that a bank is allowed to jeopardize consumer credit at no fault of the consumer.  This is gonna hurt some consumer's that needed this finance option without maxing their credit line, now during Covid crisis that is exactly what will happen.  Sure hope other banks will recognize and be lenient towards those stuck with this raw deal.

Message 39 of 582
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

If your card is closed.... and you have a balance... it will not affect utilization until your account is paid in full

Message 40 of 582
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.