Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

When HSN transfered portfolio from Comenity to Synchrony some accts. were not picked up.  Not everyone here has gotten the letter, not anyone has gotten a letter from the new bank either, yet.  The online application is still up and running.  So it's toss up.  I'm relaying what the CSR was told by his manager to tell me.  I was encouraged to go ahead and make any new purchases it didn't matter about the Sept 1st date and the Sept 10th date.  

Yes, I asked repeatedly if he could ask again who the new bank was.  I asked if it was Synchrony.....nothing, nada, crickets.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 81 of 582
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

When HSN transfered portfolio from Comenity to Synchrony some accts. were not picked up.  Not everyone here has gotten the letter, not anyone has gotten a letter from the new bank either, yet.  The online application is still up and running.  So it's toss up.  I'm relaying what the CSR was told by his manager to tell me.  I was encouraged to go ahead and make any new purchases it didn't matter about the Sept 1st date and the Sept 10th date.  

Yes, I asked repeatedly if he could ask again who the new bank was.  I asked if it was Synchrony.....nothing, nada, crickets.

I remember the PayPal/Sync reporting date being reported in September!

May have absolutely nothing to do with enchiladas.

I also may need to lay off the Champagne with/after breakfastfiesta.gif

Message 82 of 582
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I hope I don't have to reapply for a new card.

The CSR did check with his manager before I relayed this lil tidbit. 

According to a manager at Wayfair we will not need to reapply.  He seems to think we will keep our current cl's too.  He said we should be receiving correspondence sometime between now and Sept 1st. from the new bank.  The info. is limited.

This sounds very much like the Paypal Credit transition but with a lot less transparency.  Synchrony did maintain the original opening date of the PPC tradelines when they took them over, so if they are the new issuer there is a precedent for also doing it here.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 83 of 582
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Wayfair sounds like they have cut ties to dangle a carrot and see who bites and for how much.  Doesn't sound like a done deal to me, sounds like a reason for the lack of transparency.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/08/10/can-wayfair-hold-on-to-its-5-million-new-customers.aspx

"The big question going forward is to what extend Q2 represents just a one-time lift that was brought on by uniquely strong selling conditions amid COVID-19 shutdowns. Wayfair is trying to figure that answer out itself, for example by analyzing the new cohort of customers for signs that they might be less profitable than its prior shoppers. That doesn't appear to be the case, management said, but the company won't know for sure until more time passes."

UPDATE: called again asked for Supervisor, didn't get one but put on hold and told Supervisor said we (everyone) would not be converting to a new bank with the original acct.  An annoucement is coming end of the week.  Okay, back to being bummed.Smiley Sad

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 84 of 582
RickNATL
Established Contributor

I don't have any notices. I have a "Covid Update" and a "change to the minimum payment" notice.Comenity.jpg 

First Z-Gallerie...now Wayfair...that is $12K CL gone...da he**!

Message 85 of 582
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Wayfair sounds like they have cut ties to dangle a carrot and see who bites and for how much.  Doesn't sound like a done deal to me, sounds like a reason for the lack of transparency.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/08/10/can-wayfair-hold-on-to-its-5-million-new-customers.aspx

"The big question going forward is to what extend Q2 represents just a one-time lift that was brought on by uniquely strong selling conditions amid COVID-19 shutdowns. Wayfair is trying to figure that answer out itself, for example by analyzing the new cohort of customers for signs that they might be less profitable than its prior shoppers. That doesn't appear to be the case, management said, but the company won't know for sure until more time passes."

UPDATE: called again asked for Supervisor, didn't get one but put on hold and told Supervisor said we (everyone) would not be converting to a new bank with the original acct.  An annoucement is coming end of the week.  Okay, back to being bummed.Smiley Sad

What could possibly go wrong with dangling a carrot like that. I'd be looking for new advisors.

That is some business mismanagement, if any truth to that.

Message 86 of 582
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

I knew that wording in the message was specific for a reason.

Message 87 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted Wayfair in regards to this and received the following e-mail:
"we have been made aware of some phishing emails being sent to our customers regarding the Wayfair credit card program being discontinued. This information is false and was not sent from our company or the credit card institution Comenity Bank."

I then took another look at the message that was sent to my Comenity account page. The message has the title "Your Requested Information" and includes a link for a PDF. (securemessage.pdf). This seems fishy to me. I didn't request anything and why would Comenity, on their own web site, need to link a PDF as oposed to just dropping a straight text message as they have done in the past? Also the verbage in the message states "Please review and if you have any questions you may respond directly to this email."

That last bit seems odd. Why would they tell you to take that route specifically instead of contacting them in one of the other possible available avenues? I have a message in to Comenity but have yet to receive a response.

Message 88 of 582
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@GApeachy 

Message 89 of 582
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I applied for and received one with a $7500 limit back in 2016. Got it mostly for padding. In 2.5 years managed to get the CL all the way to around $15k via SP CLIs. A little over a year ago Comenity shut me down. Reason...never charged a nickel on the card. My original intent was to take the limit up to the $30k max---glad now that that plan backfired.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 90 of 582
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.