WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

Re: Wayfair offering conversion to MC

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@SarahJo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess i wasnt coverted. 

Logged in and heard crickets too, RIP Wayfair fer me 😒

Hopefully, more cards are still on the way, but who knows?  I sent a SM on my Wayfair login and got this response:

As you have been informed, Wayfair is ending the program. Although, we have kept around 500 thousand customer using the Comenity Card Mastercard which is owned by us and not by Wayfair.

If your account is eligible, you will be provided with a card automatically. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, please click the reply button.

Sincerely,

G.N

Internet Customer Care Team

If that 500K customer number is real, then there must be more cards on the way. 

I sent an internet message and received the same response. Wish I had an incling of if I'm getting a MC or not. These generic responses are annoying. Lol

Message 481 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

My limit is showing with 0 available. According to the MC log in website, all MCs were sent out to received on or about the 11th. Those who have been converted have reported not being able to log into the regular site.

Message 482 of 582
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote: 

Wow, only 500k. That's nothing. I'm really wondering what their criteria was.

Not necessarily. Wayfair's customer base was last reported at 20 MILLION. 500K is only 2.5% of the overall customer based. If only 5% of those customers had the store card, that would be 1Million. I don't think 500K is that large a number..

Well, that's a lot of cards to mail out at once, especially in the middle of a pandemic.   Which is why I had to wonder if more were on the way.   Of course, we haven't seen any reports of new cards in a few days, so....

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 483 of 582
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

If it's any comfort I apped and was approved for 4x Comenity majors last spree... Williams Sonoma Visa, Good Sam Visa, Sportsmanguide Visa, and Caesars Rewards Visa.

I opened 4 store cards between January and April. Closed one a month ago. This one just got converted. Didn't want to risk apping a major too soon after the store cards.

Message 484 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

I just tried to pre qualify and got denied.  My CL w/ Wayfair was $8000.  I'm super bummed.

Message 485 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called Comenity because I saw many were automatically sent a Comenity Mastercard with the closing of the Wayfair card.

The rep told me the MC was only sent to a certain percentage of Wayfair card holders, and if you haven't gotten one already, you aren't eligible. I asked what it was based on and she said she didn't know.

I'm guessing it was not on scores since I'm at around 790 across the board at the moment, but maybe because I only made one big purchase every 5 months.

She said starting Oct 3rd it will be open to apply for the Comenity MC.

Still, it's going to be a negative hit to my score no doubt.

Message 486 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called Comenity because I saw many were automatically sent a Comenity Mastercard with the closing of the Wayfair card.

The rep told me the MC was only sent to a certain percentage of Wayfair card holders, and if you haven't gotten one already, you aren't eligible. I asked what it was based on and she said she didn't know.

I'm guessing it was not on scores since I'm at around 790 across the board at the moment, but maybe because I only made one big purchase every 5 months.

She said starting Oct 3rd it will be open to apply for the Comenity MC.

Still, it's going to be a negative hit to my score no doubt.

This is exactly my understanding as well. I won't be reapping. I don't like the way the transition was handled. I simply turned off all my alerts from the site and uninstalled their apps. They can go jump. Not taking a hit for them

Message 487 of 582
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Does anyone have the luv button on their new account?  Just wondering when it's gonna show up 😈

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 488 of 582
MacCreed
Valued Member

So Comenity is at it too huh?   🤣

Message 489 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dude. Just call and ask the Robolady or a CSR. I never used the luv button because there was too big of a chance they might HP without much notice. I always called to get my increases.

Plus, this is Comenity now. Not Wayfair or Victoria's Secret, etc. It might be better just to call Comenity directly since I don't even know if anyone else has the card they gave us yet. 🤷‍♀️

Message 490 of 582
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.