cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity won't report CL. Should I dispute?

tag
bear812c
Regular Contributor

Comenity won't report CL. Should I dispute?

I have several Comenity accounts and all of them have been very generous with granting frequent credit line increases however not so generous at reporting or even updating my info or larger credit lines with the credit bureaus. I can understand them not reporting on an account with a zero balance but this also goes for accounts that I carry balances on through out the year. Just one example: a look at my credit reports show they haven't reported on my Express account since August and I pay them every month on a $1400 balance. My Buckle account says $250 and it's acutally $2850 (and I've bought stuff from there short time ago, never reported) I've called and I've emailed asking for them to update my CL's to ensure accuracy and each time I've gotten one of two responses: 1.If you have a problem with what is being reported you need to contact the credit bureaus... and they even offer their phone number. No thanks, I have their number. I'm well aquainted with the BIG 3's. or 2.They lie and say that they report every month. I'm just like, "Really? Because I have 12 accounts here that say you don't." Obviously I want all my cL's to report correctly to lower my debt ratio and score me some extra point in the process. So my question, should I continue pursing them, begging them to report/update or do I just go strait to the dispute process with the credit bureaus? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity won't report CL. Should I dispute?

@bear812c wrote:

I have several Comenity accounts and all of them have been very generous with granting frequent credit line increases however not so generous at reporting or even updating my info or larger credit lines with the credit bureaus. I can understand them not reporting on an account with a zero balance but this also goes for accounts that I carry balances on through out the year. Just one example: a look at my credit reports show they haven't reported on my Express account since August and I pay them every month on a $1400 balance. My Buckle account says $250 and it's acutally $2850 (and I've bought stuff from there short time ago, never reported) I've called and I've emailed asking for them to update my CL's to ensure accuracy and each time I've gotten one of two responses: 1.If you have a problem with what is being reported you need to contact the credit bureaus... and they even offer their phone number. No thanks, I have their number. I'm well aquainted with the BIG 3's. or 2.They lie and say that they report every month. I'm just like, "Really? Because I have 12 accounts here that say you don't." Obviously I want all my cL's to report correctly to lower my debt ratio and score me some extra point in the process. So my question, should I continue pursing them, begging them to report/update or do I just go strait to the dispute process with the credit bureaus? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't dispute it but rather call them and tell them what's going on and see why it isn't updating or reporting.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity won't report CL. Should I dispute?

I would not dispute! 

It is known/urban legend that Comenity doesn't usually report if there is no use on the store cards (don't know about Visa/MC's).  I try and remember to bring mine when I visit the stores once or twice a year for the small things I would normally pull my Visa out for.  That reminds me I have a $10 reward from Pier1 that I need to use, lol - I'll take the card with me, I need refills for the scented diffuser thingy, it might end up being a few bucks over the reward, lol.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.