cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!!Commenity Accounts To Be FR'ed in 2016!!!

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: !!!Commenity Accounts To Be FR'ed in 2016!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Creating a fraudulent account for the purposes of reading feedback pertaining to a certain subject and reporting same to their powers that be....

AKA. Online snitching

One does not need an account on here to merely read...

Message 71 of 252
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Personally I think every lender should ask for proof of income, not necessarily a 4506-t before offically opening the TL and reporting to the CRA's, this is just my take personally though...  This way you would avoid alot of fraud and defaults...  Comenity doing it though I have mixed emotions due to how they are run if this is true.

Agreed with this, at least to a point...I understand the privacy aspect of not wanting to reveal every single transaction but unless you're doing something wrong, what's there to hide?  Am I missing something?  If (as an example) someone applies for 10+ credit cards in the span of a week then it makes sense from the lender's POV that there would be some unease/suspicion as to why one would need so much credit so quickly.  Plus, as Gregg indicated it's not like they're going to FR everyone (if this even happens), just the outliers.

They're just covering their own behind at that point Smiley Indifferent

+1,000,000,000

Message 72 of 252
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Creating a fraudulent account for the purposes of reading feedback pertaining to a certain subject and reporting same to their powers that be....

AKA. Online snitching

Why would the account be fraudulent?  If that was the case (multi accounts), then the mods would disassemble the accounts.  Fraud is something with CC's.  If friend just has account to gather info, methinks that wouldn't be the first bank (and this wouldn't be the first forum).  So, I THINK fraudulent account is a bit harsh (at worse, breach of TOS).  Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 73 of 252
Anonymous
Not applicable

People with commenity store cards be like...

Message 74 of 252
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All of you guys have very good valid points! I would like to add one little point here;

Just proving that you have a good income is not a guarantee that you will always pay especially if unexpected things happened, like: emergency, loss of job, divorce, child in hospital without enough insurance. Also, there are some people that are just negligent to paying their bills on time. I know people like that!

Excellent point Designer91!

Message 75 of 252
Anonymous
Not applicable

Y fan and imperfecture....

My bad. I stand corrected. Forgot that you could read these threads without being a member...

Please forgive me Smiley Happy
Message 76 of 252
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have a single account with Commenity Bank. They declined the only card i applied for which was Orbitz Visa, I had 737 fico last May with only 3 inquiries in my Equifax, and they declined solely because of 3 year old BK. I called to recon and they still said No.

Don't feel bad. I only have one, Lane Bryant with a 3K CL which they say is the maximum limit offered. This new policy won't prevent me from applying for a few of their store cards in the future. At this point, I don't need/want any of the visa/MC(s) they offer. I have more than enough visa/MC(s) from prime lenders in my arsenal to fulfill my needs/wants.

Besides, if I need to pad my utilization I could always apply for a Cap1 credit card.Smiley Surprised

Message 77 of 252
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 50 to 1 rule.  You upset me with some bullsh*t and I do it back to you 50 times over.  I would never stop writing bad about a bank until I convince 50 more people to close their accounts.

Message 78 of 252
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I think there will come a time where the process of getting a credit card will be synonymous with getting a mortgage. Not too far in the future...the way things r going Smiley Sad

Not sure what makes you think that.  First, we are talking about Comenity here.  The ones who gave out cards like candy thru a 'trick'. Not sure I think anything they do is a harbinger of things to come.  Credit cards are not hard to get and I doubt that while standards may tighten during periods of economic slow downs, I think always will be relatively easy to get as they are a huge profit center for most card companies and they aren't going to want to eliminate a lot of people from having cards by making the process too difficult.

Excellent point Irish!

Message 79 of 252
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any accounts with Comenity at this time and I have to say I am so happy about that. Pure chance that I don't as I love to shop at several stores who issue Comenity cards. I appreciate all that everyone is saying in this thread. 

What is the consensus of what kind of behavior (use, pay, etc) would be best for a Comenity card holder now that all this has come to light. Is there a best strategy?

Message 80 of 252
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.