Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commenity HP CLI request

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Commenity HP CLI request

Hi everyone, I started to work on improving my credit and raising my score since last year. I started out with store cards and now I have two Chase and a Citi with some pretty good limits. I thought I'd try to increase the limit on some of my store cards to better my utilization ratio. I though that Commenity only did soft pulls and it resulted in two HPs fone for Loft and one for Victoria's Secret. I'm so upset.  Would have never done it had I known it was going to be a HP. Is that someting I may dispute?I'm trying to age out my Hps and this really set me back.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Commenity HP CLI request

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, I started to work on improving my credit and raising my score since last year. I started out with store cards and now I have two Chase and a Citi with some pretty good limits. I thought I'd try to increase the limit on some of my store cards to better my utilization ratio. I though that Commenity only did soft pulls and it resulted in two HPs fone for Loft and one for Victoria's Secret. I'm so upset.  Would have never done it had I known it was going to be a HP. Is that someting I may dispute?I'm trying to age out my Hps and this really set me back.

Nope, you can't dispute the inquiries as you made the request for new credit.  Unfortunately you found out the hard way that any request for a new card or CLI can and often does result in a HP even when others may only see a SP   If a new card or CLI is not worth a new HP then do not request it.  I wouldn't be too upset though as the effect of a HP on your credit reports is not that significant and any score drop, however minimal, will rebound within the year.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it isn't a disputable thing.  If you request a cli they do have permission to check your credit.  If that be sp or hp is up to the lender.

Someone will be along shortly to give you the exact  wording on that.

I agree it does stink though because you are right, VS and Loft normally are always a sp.

But in todays credit world.  It is always good to expect a HP and be grateful when it's only a SP

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, you can't dispute the inquiries as you made the request for new credit.  Unfortunately you found out the hard way that any request for a new card or CLI can and often does result in a HP even when others may only see a SP   If a new card or CLI is not worth a new HP then do not request it.  Iwouldn't be too upset though as the effect of a HP on your credit reports is not that significant and any score drop, however minimal, will rebound within the year.

You beat me to it Irish, thought I had you on this one. lol

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, you can't dispute the inquiries as you made the request for new credit.  Unfortunately you found out the hard way that any request for a new card or CLI can and often does result in a HP even when others may only see a SP   If a new card or CLI is not worth a new HP then do not request it.  Iwouldn't be too upset though as the effect of a HP on your credit reports is not that significant and any score drop, however minimal, will rebound within the year.

You beat me to it Irish, thought I had you on this one. lol

Heh, just by seconds. 

Message 5 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+100

A very good reminder and advice to keep at the forefront before hitting that luv button. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.