Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commerce Bank Changes

tag
cahoot2005
Valued Member

Commerce Bank Changes

Hey everybody,

After searching the boards, there are surprisingly few data points or even posts on Commerce Bank.  Anyone else noticing their revamp of products going on?  Reward categories changing on cards, interesting combinations that might fit into your spending...3% on fast food and coffeeshops, etc...

In clicking around on the site there are some things that loop back into one another etc, which makes me think they are updating a few things there.  There is also a new "ReadyLine" line of credit that looks interesting, up to $12k.

I have had a Special Connections Visa with them for about 6 years.  I originally got it through a mailer for 18 Months 0% interest offer.  It only has a $5k limit and I have never received an increase, it is my lowest limit card.  It occasionally gets used for a bit because they send out special offers for bonus cash back.  For example, they just did a promo that was 6% cash back on restaurants in October if you spent at least $100.  There have been others.  On just any old day, it gets 1.5% back unilimited.  They also send convenience checks pretty regular, the most recent being a year at 1.99%, but also with a 5% fee, so I have never used any of them.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience up til now with them as decent, and I have always wondered if I should ask for a CLI, but didn't want to take a HP for a CLI on a card I don't use much, but with all these new changes, I wonder if it isn't time to give them a second look.  Maybe ask for a CLI so it isn't sitting on my credit report at such a low limit, and see if I could app for the "ReadyLine" LOC at the same time...

Anyone else seeing signs of life out of them, or have recently dealt with them?  Anyone already have the LOC product?  Anyone know if they ever do SP CLIs? 

I am hitting a year in the garden next month and planning a spree if the pandemic doesn't cause the banks to draw back by then, in which case I might wait til summer.  Sitting just over 800 score.  I am thinking if they are making all these changes and updates, maybe they are in the mood to deal...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Commerce Bank Changes

They've been attempting to revamp and standardize a variety of products for sometime it seems.  I have 3 CCs with them currently.  As far as CLIs, they're always HP.  IME, with moderate usage, they've done a few auto-CLIs over the past several years.  

If you're not using a substantial amount of your CL, I'd leave it as is and avoid the HP.  Totally up to you to determine if any future spending on the card may warrant a higher CL but I personally wouldn't do it for the sake of appearance on CRs 🤷

IIRC, if you apply for the ReadyLine and the CLI concurrently, they're treated separately and the HP is not repurposed, so it'll be 2 HPs.

Message 2 of 3
cahoot2005
Valued Member

Re: Commerce Bank Changes

Thank you sir!  Have a good night.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.