cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commerce Bank trying to step their game up!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Commerce Bank trying to step their game up!

Looks like they have broaden their categories on cash rewards.

PSX_20190211_125000.jpg

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Commerce Bank trying to step their game up!

What is their footprint?

Could you please steer me towards their approval criteria? 

Message 2 of 40
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Sure, they pulled EQ for me. Unless you receive a pre-approval. Chances are its will be 100% UW reviewed.
They're hungry for new customers. So not as picky as some of the more well known banks. Expect 2 to 4 business days before getting your approval email. They aren't inquiry or new account sensitive.

I have this card https://www.commercebank.com/personal/cards/credit-cards-ita/save-the-children. $14k SL on a modest income. They offer more cards than what is seen on the main page. I can't seem to find the link.
Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Do you have to live within their footprint to apply?
Message 4 of 40
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yeah I got a preapproval from them yesterday. Tore it up seeing as I don’t go to coffee shops or fast food or use ride-shares. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just looked at the page you linked to.

They only accept applications from people in certain states. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 40
Gmood1
Super Contributor

No, they are nationwide. And the rewards also cover cellphone bill.
Certain legacy CCs you have to go in a branch. Most of the CCs anyone in the US can obtain.
Message 7 of 40
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:
No, they are nationwide. And the rewards also cover cellphone bill.
Certain legacyCCss you have to go in a branch. Most of theCCss anyone in the US can obtain.

+1 alot of their non cobranded card are geo restricted otherwise cards such as charity credit and save the children and a slew of others have no geo restrictions.. Their system is WAY outdated unless as stated you are pre-approved it can take up to 10 days for them to even pull your credit which is typically EQ.. The system you enter you application into doesn't even pull your credit you get put into a queue then an uw eventually get to you and hand puts it into another system at that time they pull your credit.. Was wild to say the least as it took them 10 days to try to pull credit never got a pull finally got a mail when they tried due to security freeze called them up and spoke to uw she pulled and was instantly approved at that time.. They aren't inquiry sensitive at all, but make sure you have a solid score/credit report as they don't like baddies

Message 8 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled TU for me in Washington state
Message 9 of 40
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Sure, they pulled EQ for me. Unless you receive a pre-approval. Chances are its will be 100% UW reviewed.
They're hungry for new customers. So not as picky as some of the more well known banks. Expect 2 to 4 business days before getting your approval email. They aren't inquiry or new account sensitive.

I have this card https://www.commercebank.com/personal/cards/credit-cards-ita/save-the-children. $14k SL on a modest income. They offer more cards than what is seen on the main page. I can't seem to find the link.

There was a thread from maybe 6 months ago where someone posted a link to their list of cardholder agreements that also included their co-branded cards.  I had saved the URL:

https://commercebank.com/personal/cards/cardholder-agreements-and-disclosures

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.