cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commerce bank , soft or hard pulls for credit limit increase CLI requests?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Commerce bank , soft or hard pulls for credit limit increase CLI requests?

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Can you request a CLI online, or do you have to call? I seem to recall they have a rather low maximum credit limit.

I'm also curious if anyone has recieved their free FICO scores from Commerce Bank yet. Supposedly its a FICO 9 Bankcard score, and rumor is it might be from Transunion. I've recieved conflicting answers from Commerce, so i'm either getting my score starting on my next statement (the 4th, but the first after i inquired about it), or starting on my 6th statement...

The Special Connetions Visa says it tops out at 15K also to add to Themanwhocan comment they said the fico score will appear 3 months after account has been open so that would be Sept statement but we have already discussed this lol.

special connection tops out at 15K ?that's lame but thanks for the info. I was just approved and waiting to get my card to see what the SL is. hoping for 10k.

Message 11 of 16
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

I have the Drury card.

Cli's are HP on TU if I remember.

I asked for 1 and was hit with 5 HP's for a denial.

Ended up apping for the Charity charge and then combining limits a few months later.

I receive monthly BT checks from Commerce so I hang onto the card

Five hard pulls?!  Was that multiple bureau pulls for the CLI request and then more multiples for a recon?  That seems very excessive.

Now that I think about it, I can't remember if it was for a CC app or the CLI request.

Definitely was all on one request though. I've mentioned it on here before. 

I honestly think they were telling coworkers about my profile (accounts and inquiries) and they all wanted a chuckle

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all -

There's some 'fresher'(but locked) CLI threads on Commerce on here (one showing one person got a $12K boost automatically (no HP)) but since this is the only unlocked thread that I can find, I figured I'd ask again here - as maybe things have changed since 2012/2015 etc ?? Hope so -

That said - I actually like this card/company - Used their no interest checks when I was in a jam once - Think it was 18 months 0% APR and helps keep my bank balance healthy as Wells Fargo has an 'attitude' anytime my bank balance runs low...

Moving on - I got this card as a 'credit builder' 17 statements ago now (just counted) and they started me with only $2K but my CS was like 665 back then - I'm now hovering around 770 with 2% UTIL and wish to cut back some of those starter cards that have lower SL that will never budge - I actually thought Commerce was one of those evil cards - but ever since updating their software online and app - they're actually a good 'back up' card to carry... and have a few spifs (nothing like Amex or Discover or Chase etc) but still, better than $79/yr for nothing like some sub prime cards (sigh) the things we go thru to rebuild eh?

Anyway - I see no luv CLI button - and the last post says it's a HP (5 HP according to the poster back a page or 2?!) that's kinda crazy - esp since I have my HP count down to 2 now on 2 CRA and 3 on EQ which will drop in June yippee - I'm really hopping to get to 775+ by July - and 800 by 2019...

Does anyone know how or if they do offer a CLI  at Commerce and how BEST to go about requesting one?

Many thanks!

BB Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all -

There's some 'fresher'(but locked) CLI threads on Commerce on here (one showing one person got a $12K boost automatically (no HP)) but since this is the only unlocked thread that I can find, I figured I'd ask again here - as maybe things have changed since 2012/2015 etc ?? Hope so -

That said - I actually like this card/company - Used their no interest checks when I was in a jam once - Think it was 18 months 0% APR and helps keep my bank balance healthy as Wells Fargo has an 'attitude' anytime my bank balance runs low...

Moving on - I got this card as a 'credit builder' 17 statements ago now (just counted) and they started me with only $2K but my CS was like 665 back then - I'm now hovering around 770 with 2% UTIL and wish to cut back some of those starter cards that have lower SL that will never budge - I actually thought Commerce was one of those evil cards - but ever since updating their software online and app - they're actually a good 'back up' card to carry... and have a few spifs (nothing like Amex or Discover or Chase etc) but still, better than $79/yr for nothing like some sub prime cards (sigh) the things we go thru to rebuild eh?

Anyway - I see no luv CLI button - and the last post says it's a HP (5 HP according to the poster back a page or 2?!) that's kinda crazy - esp since I have my HP count down to 2 now on 2 CRA and 3 on EQ which will drop in June yippee - I'm really hopping to get to 775+ by July - and 800 by 2019...

Does anyone know how or if they do offer a CLI  at Commerce and how BEST to go about requesting one?

Many thanks!

BB Smiley Happy

You contact them and request one and it will be a HP (EQ or TU depending on your region). 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the Commerce info. I did find the now closed 2017 post where the OP got an “auto CLI” to $14K - so that kinda contradicts some of the others info on here if it is a HP or SP and how to trigger an auto increase vs phoning in?

I don’t know how to post a pic from my iPhone here as I see no options for that, so will just paste the necro’d 2017 link below and let you all decide. I guess I’m just frustrated having now “excellent” credit and 3% UTIL and make 6 figures why after 17 statements I haven’t been shown any luv? I don’t need it but the original $2k limit kinda grates on me after 1 1/2 yrs as I’m trying to keep my util low(er) and most of my cards now (except a few starter cards from years ago) have $10K+ limits now. This is the only card that’s not shown me luv, ever. (Shrugs)

Cheers.

BB Smiley Happy

Link:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Commerce-Bank-Auto-CLI/td-p/5051667
Message 15 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the Commerce info. I did find the now closed 2017 post where the OP got an “auto CLI” to $14K - so that kinda contradicts some of the others info on here if it is a HP or SP and how to trigger an auto increase vs phoning in?

I don’t know how to post a pic from my iPhone here as I see no options for that, so will just paste the necro’d 2017 link below and let you all decide. I guess I’m just frustrated having now “excellent” credit and 3% UTIL and make 6 figures why after 17 statements I haven’t been shown any luv? I don’t need it but the original $2k limit kinda grates on me after 1 1/2 yrs as I’m trying to keep my util low(er) and most of my cards now (except a few starter cards from years ago) have $10K+ limits now. This is the only card that’s not shown me luv, ever. (Shrugs)

Cheers.

BB Smiley Happy

Link:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Commerce-Bank-Auto-CLI/td-p/5051667

There's no rhyme or reason that I can discern as to how they grant auto-CLI's.  I have 2 accounts with them and both have received pretty decent auto-CLI's over time.  The first one (Special Connections) was opened on October 2015 (pre-approval mailer) and received the auto-CLI in March 2017.  The second one (Charity Charge) was opened last year and received an auto-CLI last month.  I have used both moderately.   Again, there does not appear to be any set schedule when these are done.  Auto-CLIs are always SP since an AR is typically done ahead of time.

Commerce is somewhat of a conservative lender so don't expect much upward movement at some specific interval.  You can inititate a CLI request, but it will be a HP.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.