cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison between Chase Freedom and Discover IT?

tag
epicureanism
Contributor

Comparison between Chase Freedom and Discover IT?

Just wondering how do you guys think about these two cards? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Credit Karma: 752, Credit Sesame: 736.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Comparison between Chase Freedom and Discover IT?

@epicureanism wrote:

Just wondering how do you guys think about these two cards? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. 

If you could have both, go for both! XD though I don't have the Discover IT, many people like to have both to cover the bases in 5x quarterly bonuses. Personally, I love my Freedom with it's rotating categories and rewards mall for extra points!

Message 2 of 3
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

Re: Comparison between Chase Freedom and Discover IT?

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@epicureanism wrote:

If you could have both, go for both! XD though I don't have the Discover IT, many people like to have both to cover the bases in 5x quarterly bonuses. Personally, I love my Freedom with it's rotating categories and rewards mall for extra points!

Agree ultimate mall is a plus. Offer you bonus points(typically anywhere between 1-10) on top of your cc bonus. Also, I heard the quarterly category is better for chase freedom than Discover-pending confirm. chase's category is based on typical seasonal expense. More spending means more points. Lastly, chase cards has wider acceptance

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.