cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?

tag
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?

Now a month past 0/12 (but still in lol/24 purgatory), I'm starting to get an itchy trigger finger having kept my powder dry. I'm ready to toss a palladium spade and a pair of F8 850's, but I want to be sure I'm truly going for the right products.

I'm very focused on rounding out my 5% rotators (to add to my Freedom VS, Disco, and Affinity FCU cards), and am not concerned with multipliers earning anything less. I'm firmly on team cash back, so I'm not interested in MR/UR points or any travel currencies. I've got non-rotating dining covered with my Altitude GO, groceries covered by the BCP, and uncategorized spend covered with AOD. I'll be going for a 5% gas card soon, but want to get my rotating base established. I'm also far more interested in long term multiplier value and less concerned with sub's.

To be sure I make the best decision possible, I want to be sure I'm aware of every possible 5% rotator/selector out there. Please let me know if there's a card I may be missing:

I have:

Freedom (original recipe)

Disco IT

Affinity FCU Cash Rewards

Nusenda Credit Union Platinum Cash Rewards (Update: Approved 6/2021, $25k)

US Bank Cash+ (Update: Approved 6/2021, $10k)

Safe Credit Union Cash Rewards (Update: Approved 7/2021, $25k)

Citi Custom Cash (Update: Approved 7/2021, $9.8k)

Gap Inc. Visa Signature (Synch-initiated upgrade from Banana Republic Luxe, has 5X rotating quarterly categories)

Future considerations:

Elan Max Cash Preferred (through Meriwest CU, thinking about establishing a relationship)

Langley FCU Signature Cash Back (1 monthly rotating 5% category)

Abound CU Visa Platinum (5% on gas, now has rotating quarterly 5% categories)

USAA Cashback Rewards Plus (5% on gas, $3k/year cap)

Can't have/don't want:

Vantage West CU Connect Rewards (I wish)

PCM CU Platinum Rewards (I wish)

Citi Dividend (not obtainable)

ABOC Platinum Rewards (quarterly categories, 3.75% redeemed) no longer available

Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards (5.25% w/Platinum Honors)

Please feel free to add any other 5% cards out there (not including store-based cards)

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?

The Cash+ should be considered for multiples. I have two, and the ability to pick four 5% categories is quite useful. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 38
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

The Cash+ should be considered for multiples. I have two, and the ability to pick four 5% categories is quite useful. 

@NRB525 Definitely, I'd love to double up, great suggestion. Was considering the Elan version to get the unique recreation category that combines gym memberships with sporting goods stores.

Message 3 of 38
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Let me know the details if you get the safe credit union cash card, not too many details or DP about it

Message 4 of 38
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

You are missing the Citi Custom Cash card.

https://citicards.citi.com/usc/LPACA/Citi/Cards/CustomCash/ATL/index.html?BT_TX=1&ProspectID=58CFEA2...

Smiley Happy

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 5 of 38
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Let me know the details if you get the safe credit union cash card, not too many details or DP about it

For sure, will do...the only thing I know so far is that relationship is a big factor (the app asks if you've been a member for at least a year) but I'm curious to see how sensitive they will be with new accounts (if I app with them 3rd after USB and Nus.). The 5% category options appear to be stable as well.

Message 6 of 38
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

You are missing the Citi Custom Cash card.

https://citicards.citi.com/usc/LPACA/Citi/Cards/CustomCash/ATL/index.html?BT_TX=1&ProspectID=58CFEA2...

Smiley Happy

Holy smokes @Citylights18 I didn't know anything about this! Thanks for the tip, I just read @UncleB's post now that you brought this to my attention. Somewhat of a game changer for my app plan. With the $500 per billing cycle ($6k annual) that could be my new gas card right there! Nusenda may then be superfluous in my lineup with the Alt Go and this Citi bad boy. 

Message 7 of 38
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

For sure, will do...the only thing I know so far is that relationship is a big factor (the app asks if you've been a member for at least a year) but I'm curious to see how sensitive they will be with new accounts (if I app with them 3rd after USB and Nus.). The 5% category options appear to be stable as well.

A little tidbit about Safe. I opened a savings account last year because I was contemplating that card (for the grocery not the rotating categories as my favorite grocery stores don't take Amex) but my life situation changed and grocery spending went down so it was not worth opening a new card for. Recently (within the last month) Safe has been calling me offering any of their cards without a HP. I didn't accept the offer so can't say if the lack of a HP is real or not. 

Message 8 of 38
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

A little tidbit about Safe. I opened a savings account last year because I was contemplating that card (for the grocery not the rotating categories as my favorite grocery stores don't take Amex) but my life situation changed and grocery spending went down so it was not worth opening a new card for. Recently (within the last month) Safe has been calling me offering any of their cards without a HP. I didn't accept the offer so can't say if the lack of a HP is real or not. 

That's a valuable piece of info, thanks! I'll definitely check to see I might get that opportunity, but so far I haven't received any calls/mailers. No HP would totally help me with how I order my apps now that Citi has entered the room.

Message 9 of 38
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Great list @PullingMeSoftly, and thanks for the refresher on 5% rotator cards!

You're missing a great one.  The Chase INK Business CASH card.  No AF.  Pays 5% in cash rewards on up to $25K annually for office supplies and cable-internet-phone services.  It gets my monthly household cable/internet bill and cell phone bills for the 5% back.   While I know you're not interested in points, I transfer my cash back to my Chase Sapphire Reserve's UR portal for 7.5% value in travel. Smiley Very Happy  

I'll have to think if you've missed any others but your list sounds pretty complete, ASAIK.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.