Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerned about new accounts

tag
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

Concerned about new accounts

Looking through the forums it seems hit or miss on this topic. I recently opend about 6 new accounts in the past two months. Will the CCCs look at this very negatively? I am really afraid that my accounts will be either CLD or closed as a result. Anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen. I am PIF on almost all the cards thus far. I am mostly afraid of AMEX. How are they on this topic. 4 of the 6 accounts were from them. LOL

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Concerned about new accounts

i wouldnt worry about it. 

i have 6 new accounts and an installment loan. since june. no word yet. 

amex was my last card though. 

from what ive read as long as barclays wasnt your first you should be good. 

and that bump in aaoa im sure helped Smiley Wink

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think since most of the cards were from them, you should be okay. Now if you start racking up balances on all of them it might be another story. Continue to PIF and keep Utilization down. In a year or so you will be ready to app for another 6 more Smiley Wink

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 21
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

Thanks guys! I think I am okay. What do you think my chances are for CLIs. You think I will have trouble with all the new accounts. If not, when should I try for the CLIs? 61 days with Amex?

Message 4 of 21
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

you'll be alright as long as you dont let your utl raised alot. i opened 15 account whitin 3 months and just got a warning from barclays but thats it and 3 card were from amex. my utl is at 1% and has been all this past months.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 5 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I think since most of the cards were from them, you should be okay. Now if you start racking up balances on all of them it might be another story. Continue to PIF and keep Utilization down. In a year or so you will be ready to app for another 6 more Smiley Wink

Totally agree, keep the util. down and you'll be just fine!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I opened ten new accounts with less than two years of history and no one said anything. When getting an increase I have been asked by two or three people why the new credit and I just told them I am trying to establish good credit while young. With zero balances always reporting, I don't see a problem coming.

Message 7 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yall are making me want to open another Amex!!!! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 21
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

That's the thing. How could it be a problem if I keep zero balances. Right? I mean wouldn't that show that I am responsible?

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsickz32 wrote:

i opened 15 account whitin 3 months and just got a warning from barclays but thats it...

Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.