Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concierge services

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concierge services

If you have any experience using the concierge service associated with a credit card, I'm interested in hearing your comments and stories. 

If possible, please include the following--
1.) the issuer (e.g. Citi, Amex, etc)
2.) what you were looking for the concierge to find (e.g. restaurant reservation, concert ticket, flight, etc)
3.) where you used the service (e.g. NYC, Washington, London, etc.) 
4.) whether there was a fee associated with the concierge service
5.) and what the outcome was (were you satisfied or dissatisfied)

I've never used this service on any of my cards, and I would like to give it shot in the near future.  I'm meeting up with some friends in NYC for the weekend of the 4th, and I would love to feel important and impress the group with some reservations for a nice restaurant. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Concierge services

USbank Signature
concert tickets
no fee, but they are premium tickets since they are not on regular market anymore.
Didn't end up buying them, but they are usually very nice.

I would like to try this for place to eat sometime, never had to though so no experience.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card: Amex

1.) On my anniversary (the day of, I know-I know) I called Amex told them where I wanted to go and what time.  They did the rest.  Reservations at nice steakhouse, window seating overlooking skyline, flowers from local florist and bottle of champagne.  All with out asking.

2.) Needed new suit for some business meeting the next day.  Told Concierge what I was looking for and my size.  He told me to rush over to Saks.  I got there, they had someone to greet me and usher me into a fully stocked dressing room.  Also had tailor on hand to make adjustments.

Nice touch.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

realworldknowledge wrote:
Card: Amex

Nice.

Which Amex?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one with its nose up in the air for no apparent reason.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

realworldknowledge wrote:
The one with its nose up in the air for no apparent reason.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

???

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, plat.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Amex Platinum and have been very disappointed with their concierge program.  I've used the service twice, both times using their online/e-mail system (I've never called in)

1st try: Was going to Chicago, for a weekend, on vacation.  I wanted to catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field while I was there.  The games were sold out, so I put in my request.  I asked for two tickets, up to $100 each, best seats available.  It took at least 3 to 4 e-mails back and forth before they figured out what I wanted.  Each time a different concierge reply to my request.  When I finally got a response, the tickets where in the upper, upper level, and were over $100 each.  I ended up using a ticket broker online and got tickets right behind home plate for the price I was looking for.  Very disappointing.

2nd try: Was looking for a Wii Fit, which was sold out at all the stores I checked.  I received a response in less than 48 hours.  However, the Wii Fit they were able to find was marked up over $100, not including shipping.  Even the listings on Craigslist and Ebay were less!

All in all, I haven't been very impressed with Amex's concierge program.  There isn't a fee for the service, persay, but for a $450 annual fee, I expect more.  Hopefully others have had better luck!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) FIA/BoA Merrill +
2) Flight
3) DC
4) No fee
5) Satisfied
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used the Amex platinum consierge service several times.  The last one I can think of was in L.A. We wanted to be cliche and have lunch at The Ivy so I called to get a reservation.  Denied.  Called Amex and they got me a reservation for the exact time that I wanted.  Same story at Sparks Steakhouse in NYC a few months ago. 
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.