cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed: Chase Freedom 10+10 Program discontinued...

tag
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Re: Confirmed: Chase Freedom 10+10 Program discontinued...

@stone wrote:

UPDATED: After call in, they approved me Freedom for $4000 CL, and asked for express mailing my credit card, thank you all of you.  (o___o)

So were you denied at first and had to recon? 

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 31 of 87
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

It can't be discontinued.  I just got somethign in a mail about linking my Chase checking account with my Freedom card for extra points of 10% or something like that.  I need to finish going over it tonight.

I love this.  All these years of bad credit, so-so credit or borderline credit, and now I'm getting offers in the mail.  Discover sent me a mailing for their It card - BUT I already have one.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 32 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

i opened my checking account today, after already having the chase freedom. My local csr told me that now it's only 10% of the yearly points is added in either the January or February's statement. When I asked about the 10 points per transaction and being grandfathered in he either didn't know what I was talking about or beating around the bush. I'm going to call chase after work tonight. I'll let you guys know how it goes. 

Message 33 of 87
stone
Regular Contributor

Just back form chase branch. And here is what i have been told.

The banker said, the 10/10 program will be discontinued, but if i approved today, it should be fine since the flyer they have still show 10/10 promo execlusive. Also the banker help me to linking my checking and credit card, but i looks like the number for my approved cc is not genereated yet.

Message 34 of 87
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@stone wrote:

The banker said, the 10/10 program will be discontinued, but if i approved today, it should be fine since the flyer they have still show 10/10 promo execlusive. Also the banker help me to linking my checking and credit card, but i looks like the number for my approved cc is not genereated yet.

I've been told the 10/10 program will not be grandfathered. All existing 10/10 members will no longer be members. Chase is getting rid of the whole program no matter when you got it. This all from the Chase branch just today.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 35 of 87
RonDawg
Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@stone wrote:

I've been told the 10/10 program will not be grandfathered. All existing 10/10 members will no longer be members. Chase is getting rid of the whole program no matter when you got it. This all from the Chase branch just today.

Funny thing is Chase tried to pull me in with that 10/10 program just last month. As with most good things they must come to an end.  I didn't take it as I am happy with US Bank and I told the branch manager that when I showed him my Cash + card but who knows that may be gone in the future too. If that goes away, oh well I am happy till then Smiley Wink

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 36 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

so i called chase, and the representative i spoke to said I should be automatically enrolled and it will show up in one to two billing cycles. Unlike the bank teller i spoke to with in person, he specifically mentioned the 10 + 10 exclusives without beating around the bush or saying it will be discontinued. So i'm getting different answers from different people.

Message 37 of 87
Pworld
Regular Contributor

I got a letter in the mail that i am automatically enrolled since i am a previous chase checking customer (since washington mutual days), so i guess us old checking account customers are good. Thats great, now its time to make the freedom the low limit workhorse again. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 38 of 87
stone
Regular Contributor

how long does it take to show my new credit card in chase online banking?

Message 39 of 87
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I have a "new" Freedom card which was a PC from a Travel Plus card. So I'm out of luck for the 10/10 if apply for a checking account today? Can't believe I missed it by one day.

Message 40 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.