Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused citizen

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused citizen

Ive just started off with the credit world. Need help with tips and advices to build a better credit scores. Been using chase student for 3 years with balance of usually $1-2k Using amex green card since June 2012 Using capital one cash card with $1k credit line since June 2012 I just tried ordering my credit scores with myfico and it said equifax doesn't even have my scores. Is freecreditreport.com legit? I just want to know what my scores are and how to improve them. Feel free to drop in your opinions, thanks!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: Confused citizen

you can buy your scores from myfico.com right here. Those are real FICO scores

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 2 of 16
FrugalRican
Blogger

Get the Equifax FICO score on this site. That'll give you a pretty good idea of where you are.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

As others have stated, freecreditscore.com sells FAKO scores, which aren't used by any lenders. In order to generate a FICO® score there must be at least one account with 6 months of history reporting. You mentioned that you have used a Chase card ~ do you know if it reports to all 3 CRAs ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:
As others have stated, freecreditscore.com sells FAKO scores, which aren't used by any lenders. In order to generate a FICO® score there must be at least one account with 6 months of history reporting. You mentioned that you have used a Chase card ~ do you know if it reports to all 3 CRAs ?

It's Chase, how would it not? Smiley Wink  

OP: Sounds like a temporary snafu, I'd recommend just pulling your report from annualcreditreport.com and see what's on the base report straight from the bureau... if that Chase student card isn't reporting on it, it's worth finding out why as I'd be stunned to the point of cardiac arrest if it wasn't reported by default across Chase's portfolio.    

        
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 Revelate..

LOL

Message 6 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Chase has a student credit card? 

Message 7 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

May not anymore, am guessing it got rolled into the wide range of Freedom underwriting criteria if that's the case.  I looked on their website just now and didn't see it, but that doesn't mean much admittedly.

        
Message 8 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Eh, i think their student card was the Chase+1 which isn't available anymore... D: 

Oh well, Out the window go my hopes and dreams. lol

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

Is this the card you have (click here)?   Maybe this one doesn't report like other Chase cards -- I don't know!

But, if you could not buy a FICO® score from here at myFICO®, then you do not have a FICO® score yet.  

You can probably get your credt "REPORT" from annualcreditreport.com but, you may not have generated a FICO® "score" just yet.  A report and a score are two different things!  It takes 6 months with a credit card (like the one's you got last month) in order to generate a FICO® score. 

I wish you the best!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.