cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congratulations, champ02. You have been approved for a Citi Simplicity® Card!!!

tag
Sk8gr8

Re: Congratulations, champ02. You have been approved for a Citi Simplicity® Card!!!

Congrats! I have also been bombarded by Citi with offers since Sept. and last week I got this one in the mail. I've been holding off because my scores are only mid-600's. I'd love to have 1 of their cards with a  generous TL but I'll wait until after the holidays to apply. I also get the invitation code numbers but I've read that it means nothing and it's just marketing. Some people have applied with these numbers and have still been denied because it's still a hard pull.

Message 11 of 15
champ02
Established Member

Re: Congratulations, champ02. You have been approved for a Citi Simplicity® Card!!!

@Elated wrote:

Hi Champ,

First off, I would like to say congratulations to you on your approval...WTG! Secondly, I just received a pre-selected offer in the mail yesterday from CITI also. It is for the CITI Platinum Select and has no annual fee, and 0% APR for 12 months. It has an expiration date of 1/30/12 to apply, which is great for me because I won't be closing on my new home until the 1st or of 2nd week in January.

I'd like to ask you however, did your solicitation include  a Personal Pre-Selected Number? Also, if you don't mind my asking, what are your CS's? Mine are TU 702, EQ 700, and EX 671.

I want this card so bad, but I have to wait until closing time...again, congrats on your approval!Smiley Wink

Your help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi and Thanks Elated!

The offers I have received in the mail did have "Pre-selected" number printed on them.  When I entered that number online, my home address popped up but I had to fill in my SSN and other personal info.  I agree with the other folks in that they are scanning the CRAs' looking for potential customers that fall within a certain criteria.  I believe this because it tells you on the solicitation how to Opt Out to avoid revceiving unsolicited offers from them in the future.  As far as my CS' my current EQ is 677, TU (approx) 660 - 670, EX (approx) 710.  My scores would be much higher except my utilization is around 60%!  I was also inquiry free for almost 1.5 years.  The only other strike still showing on my CRs' is old rehabbed student loans when they were with the originator from 2005. 

If I were in your shoes, I would definitely not apply before your mortgage is finalized.  Those expiration dates on those offers don't mean much either, when it expires they will likely start sending them all over again.  Congrats on your mortgage also! 

Good luck!

Starting Score: TU 501 7/2006, EQ 475 7/2006, EX 499 7/2006
Current Score: TU 709 12/2011, EQ 677, EX ???
Goal Score: All above 700

Message 12 of 15
champ02
Established Member

@Sk8gr8 wrote:

Congrats! I have also been bombarded by Citi with offers since Sept. and last week I got this one in the mail. I've been holding off because my scores are only mid-600's. I'd love to have 1 of their cards with a  generous TL but I'll wait until after the holidays to apply. I also get the invitation code numbers but I've read that it means nothing and it's just marketing. Some people have applied with these numbers and have still been denied because it's still a hard pull.

Thanks Sk8gr8,  I could not agree with you more!  Before apping for this Citi card, my last app was to be denied by Discover responding to a "Pre-selected" offer I had received in the mail from them.

Starting Score: TU 501 7/2006, EQ 475 7/2006, EX 499 7/2006
Current Score: TU 709 12/2011, EQ 677, EX ???
Goal Score: All above 700

Message 13 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@champ02 wrote:

After being bombarded with Citi "Pre Selected" mail solicitations, I decided to give it a try tonight and was approved instantly for the Citi Simplicity $4,200 CL online!  I do not know which CR was used to make their decision, but my utilization is currently over 60%.  My EQ score is 677, TU 670 and EX around 730 (their FAKO).  Actually received the terms list in the mail offer, 0% on BTs' and purchases for 18 months and 13.99 after that. 

This is the first credit card I have applied for in about 2 years. 

Congrats!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 15
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Wow congrats! Feels good,doesn't it? $4K CL will help your utl%. Nice work!

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.