Did you mean: 

Considering Chase Sapphire Prefered, 1 Month Plan

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Considering Chase Sapphire Prefered, 1 Month Plan

@alboto wrote:

BobWang is the AU kingpin too, lol.

lol he's like the Mandingo of the credit card industry LMAO his credit file is "too thick" and gets turned down for credit sometimes LOL he has 64 accounts listed on his credit file so he's a credit whore/guru lol but he's funny and very smart and knows what he's doing that's for sure.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 14
toful
Established Member

Re: Considering Chase Sapphire Prefered, 1 Month Plan

Lol, I guess I'll just stick with my current plan Smiley Very Happy

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 12 of 14
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Considering Chase Sapphire Preferred, 1 Month Plan

Hello,

I will say, I received my card in the mail yesterday.

I apped with them about 3 weeks ago, myFICO's are good 743 and 723, and Experian 728.

I called EO after applied, the most concern they had with me was I have received about 30k in new credit in the las 6 months. I have 7 HP with Experian in the last 12 months.  And they did use EXP for me.  I have under 10% UTL, never a late, 16 year of history, but about a 3 years AAoA due to new accounts.

I also got a Marriott Sig Visa in March from Chase with 12k limit.

I wanted the card BAD....   The last card for me until EXP is 12 months clear of INQ's.  Then AMEX time.

No baddies, at all, none, ever....

It was not about anything except how many new INQ's and how much new credit I had in the last 12 months.

They were not going to approve me for any additional credit, so I had to move 5k from the Visa Sig to the CSP to get it open.

Beautiful card,  I will start using today.  I did the MC version so I could use at Sams Club.

I accomplished my goals for this year, Visa Sig, MC World, Discover over 10k, CITI over 10k and Personal LOC 10k.

I froze my EXP report to stop myself from trying to get AMEX....

I also found the magic UTL is 1% to 2%. But only have balance on one CC account, plus any installment loans you have.   There was a difference in score with I had three CC balances report, even though those balances were less than 500 total.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 13 of 14
toful
Established Member

Re: Considering Chase Sapphire Preferred, 1 Month Plan

Thanks for the advice! So it looks like 2% on one card it is, I think I'll put it on my BCE so Chase sees I pay everything off all the time. In fact, I already started paying it off so they'll see multiple payments from me before the statement is even ready Smiley Happy

I guess I can't do anything about the inquiries and age, I'll go for it anyways because if I don't get it, I'll just stick with the BCE and Freedom.

I hope my score is good enough to sway them!

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.