Considering Ebates. School Me on What Makes it Cool

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Considering Ebates. School Me on What Makes it Cool

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
For awhile I've been looking at the Overstock MC as an app in the near future. But, after reading CreditMagic's Overstock closure thread, I'm considering Ebates again as a catch all card for my online shopping. I'm closing my Amazon card soon. So it would be cool to get discounts for Amazon and other sites thru Ebates. What do you guys like about this card. Enlighten ole baller! Smiley Happy

My big fat check of $107.12 scheduled for 2/15/16.

???? Thats it!?!  Mine is like $200 with the referral bonus. I cant believe they had such a great promo. I am kinda skeptical if it will even happen lol. Nah, they are good for it.

Baller, you already have a synch visa with a huge limit, lucky duck, how long did it take to get to 25k?

off topic, does ebates do APR reductions or upgrades from plat to VS?

Yep that's it.  My card is going on two years old later this year so no referral bonus.  Upgrades are done by Synchrony and not customer generated (that's if they happen at all).  I have a 20k Ebates Platinum card.  No APR reductions either (as they have told me).

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 21 of 53
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Have you tried going through their corporate EO? Frontline CSRs are useless! Synchrony'a EO is the best, I had a very positive experience with them.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 22 of 53
12njoy
Super Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

Have you tried going through their corporate EO? Frontline CSRs are useless! Synchrony'a EO is the best, I had a very positive experience with them.

Is that the same as credit solutions or different?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 23 of 53
willwar14
Valued Contributor

It's the consumer relations department of their corporate office. I had to deal with them a few months back, super friendly and easy to work with.

Message 24 of 53
12njoy
Super Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

It's the consumer relations department of their corporate office. I had to deal with them a few months back, super friendly and easy to work with.

Ok cool.  I won't be bothering Syn since I'm at 100k exposure

___________ 12Njoy
Message 25 of 53
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Oh? Don't wanna raise any eye brows?

Message 26 of 53
12njoy
Super Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

Oh? Don't wanna raise any eye brows?

Exactly

___________ 12Njoy
Message 27 of 53
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

There is something I don't understand ...how much more cash back do you earn if you have the Ebates Visa and use the portal compared to a 2% card like Fidelity Visa or Double Cash in combination with the Ebates portal? Sorry for the dumb question but I never understood what this card could offer me more than the actual combination I am doing now. 💫

Message 28 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

There is something I don't understand ...how much more cash back do you earn if you have the Ebates Visa and use the portal compared to a 2% card like Fidelity Visa or Double Cash in combination with the Ebates portal? Sorry for the dumb question but I never understood what this card could offer me more than the actual combination I am doing now. 💫

1 extra percent but not for certain categories.. you get 3 extra on everything but travel i believe

Message 29 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the tips. I'll probably apply for the Ebates card once September rolls around and I lose some hard pulls. I already use Ebates and never knew they had a credit card. 

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.