Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering a Cap1 increase...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering a Cap1 increase...

So I just zeroed out my balance on my Cap1 platinum card and I really want to try for a credit increase. I received my one and only automatic increase from $300 to $2300 around this time last year. I have yet to see another one, granted I carried a big balance due to moving but I made 2 significant payments every month till it was paid off albeit with some spending in between until I stopped in order to concentrate on paying it off. I was just checking the Cap1 website to see if they have an increase button but the chat box ended up popping up and I chatted with a rep. When I asked if it was possible to do a soft pull for the increase this is how he responded:

"When you request a credit line increase online or in our automated phone system, our review to determine your eligibility will not impact your credit score. "

"The inquiry may be considered a "soft credit inquiry."  These inquiries are viewable by you but not by potential lenders."

So just to double check, does this mean if I try for a credit increase, this means it would only be a soft pull? I cant afford to have any more inquiries until december and don't feel like slipping up. 
2 REPLIES 2
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Considering a Cap1 increase...

Yes, for Capital One all CLI requests are soft pulls since they rely on their own review system when assigning limit increases.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Considering a Cap1 increase...

The cap1 soft pull could be as far back as one or two months old. If your utilization just dropped to $0 You may want to wait a month for the cap1 sp to see it in your report. Who knows if the auto cli determination combines the internal system and the sp cr. My guess is it's just the result of the sp.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.