cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidated Chase FU and CSP. Closed CSP.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consolidated Chase FU and CSP. Closed CSP.

I have consolidated with Chase in the past when I closed a Freedom card.  Was a simple private message sent and the job was done.

I have had the CSP for three years.  I have had the FU a little more than a year.  So it's been more than 60 days since I last used the CSP.  I thought that would help me transfer the whole entire limit to the FU.

I sent Chase a private message and this time they wanted me to call in.  By the way, the person who sent the reply said I would be able to move the entire limit.  I called the number on the back of my CSP and spoke to a nice lady who transferred me to a senior level person.  This basically was an attempt to get me to retain the card.

In the end, she told me that since I had activity on the CSP in the last 6 months I would have to leave $500 on the card.  Fine with me.  I never fly on planes and would rather have just cash back credit cards anyway.  Now I have only one Chase card.

Was a painless, easy process.  The only card in my arsenal that has a yearly fee is my membership fee on the Sam's MC.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Consolidated Chase FU and CSP. Closed CSP.

The policy is SIX months now?!

I had a similar experience in 2016 when I closed an old Chase card that they turned into a Slate. I wanted to move the line over but was told there had to be no payment or other activity for at least 90 days, but they could go ahead and move all but $500 over now and the rest later. So I called back a few months later and was told that since the card now only had a $500 limit my only option was to leave it or close it. I asked to speak to a supervisor since I had been told I could move the rest. Needless to say, I actually got transferred to lending, went through an interrogation, and unknowingly got a HP for the “credit line increase.”

I got a new Slate about 15 months ago and the BT is now paid off. I was going to wait until 3 statements at $0 had posted before moving the Slate limit over to CSP (much of its limit came from my CSP anyway) and PC my CSP to CSR. If it’s 6 months now, I may as well just lose the $500 and get it over with.
Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:
The policy is SIX months now?!

I had a similar experience in 2016 when I closed an old Chase card that they turned into a Slate. I wanted to move the line over but was told there had to be no payment or other activity for at least 90 days, but they could go ahead and move all but $500 over now and the rest later. So I called back a few months later and was told that since the card now only had a $500 limit my only option was to leave it or close it. I asked to speak to a supervisor since I had been told I could move the rest. Needless to say, I actually got transferred to lending, went through an interrogation, and unknowingly got a HP for the “credit line increase.”

I got a new Slate about 15 months ago and the BT is now paid off. I was going to wait until 3 statements at $0 had posted before moving the Slate limit over to CSP (much of its limit came from my CSP anyway) and PC my CSP to CSR. If it’s 6 months now, I may as well just lose the $500 and get it over with.

Just lose the 500 don't think it will hurt your 650k in credit Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

+. $650k+. Smiley Wink
Yeah I think I’ll actually just have them move over $9000 and lose the other $700. It’s not like Chase will give me an auto CLI or anything so at least I won’t have that OCD feeling of not ending in ,000.
Message 4 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I'm planning to dump the Hyatt. I haven't used it in a year. I need to burn the bonus night before I do it though. Will probably move that limit over to the Amazon.
Message 5 of 7
peghede
Valued Contributor

you need help m8 to burn the bonus night ? add me to card ill burn it np.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went back into my Chase account to read the response from them.  I was mistaken when I said the first person told me I could move the entire limit.  He told me $6,200 of the $6,700 limit.

In other words, both Chase employees told me 60 days of no activity was not long enough.

I am now down to 10CCs.  This puts my FU over the $10k mark.  In a week I am asking for CLIs on my two Citi cards.  If approved after the 181 day mark since my last CLI, both cards should be at $9,300 ($1,500 CLI each).  The next CLI on my Total Rewards card puts it over the $10k mark.

My work will soon be done.  It's been 4 years of effort getting to a respectable adult level.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.