Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation to maximize limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consolidation to maximize limits

Hello there everyone,

Been a lurker here for about 2 years now. Here's to my first post. 

My cards are as follows:

Discover it: 30.2k Limit

BOA Cash Rewards: 35k Limit (Due for CLI)

Chase FU: 25k Limit (Due for CLI)

USAA Cash Rewards: 24k Limit

USAA Cash Rewards Amex: 24k Limit

Amex Blue Everyday (opened today): 25k Limit

Question:

I called USAA to try product change my Visa to Signature flavour. Won't budge. I tried to move my credit limit from Amex to Visa they still wont budge. I try to do a credit limit increase, they say I'm at max exposure for both CC's. I would like to get all my cards to the 40k limits (many reasons) and and USAA is holding me back. If I close my USAA Amex would I be able to then request a CLI for the Visa to reach my goal? Or is 25k the new limit per card?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Consolidation to maximize limits

I'm sure someone here has a higher limit, but DW has run across the same thing from USAA.

i wouldn't close one in hopes of a CLI on the other.

$25,000 limits are an achievement. 

Salut!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consolidation to maximize limits

Welcome to the forum! Since I don't have any accounts with USAA, I can't offer any assistance with them. While you wait for them to come around to your brand of thinking, I would work on increasing the CLs on your other accounts. Once you're done, circle back to USAA and ask again. Make sure your credit profiles are all updated with the new limits first. Good luck on your credit journey!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.