Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumers Credit Union (Illinois)

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Consumers Credit Union (Illinois)

The site was unavailable from Sep 1-4 for a system upgrade  (not user visible apparently!)  Logged in and saw a $2 fee for Foreign ATM transaction, logged into my wife's account and saw a $3 fee for the same thing.   SInce then an email saying:

Consumers Credit Union (CCU) has identified misapplied fees charged to your account.  We are in the process of reversing these fees and posting a credit to the affected account(s).  We anticipate the fee reversal to be credited on or prior to Wednesday, Sept. 6. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

So that's nice but wonder what other bugs there are (charging foreign ATM fees when I haven't used any ATM seems quite a bug!)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Consumers Credit Union (Illinois)

While it is a strange bug, at least they caught it quickly. Some companies can have bugs that take weeks, and lots of frustration and wasted time by the consumer to straighten out. Kudos to them. I'll definitely be joining them in the near future. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you caught it but so strange since you haven't used an ATM.  I wonder if there is more going on than they are letting on..

Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

While it is a strange bug, at least they caught it quickly. Some companies can have bugs that take weeks, and lots of frustration and wasted time by the consumer to straighten out. Kudos to them. I'll definitely be joining them in the near future. 

Yes, but the effect of the bug was pretty obvious (I reported it to them immediately I logged in!) so the question is what else might be going on.

But I agree they are worth joining (for rewards checking)/

Message 4 of 6
happypill
Valued Contributor

Yeah, definitely a very serious bug that makes you wonder if stuff you can't readily see is really mesed up underneath.

I already know that their ID verification system is totally buggy.

Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@happypill wrote:

Yeah, definitely a very serious bug that makes you wonder if stuff you can't readily see is really mesed up underneath.

I already know that their ID verification system is totally buggy.

Yeah they told me they couldn't verify my identity unless I came into a branch. I decided that I should just take that as an omen that they are not an institution I want to get involved with.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.